Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
You can attach they here and nention krystianp so he get notified

Hit the damn thanks button instead!
Enviado desde mi MB860
Thanks, I will wait a couple of days so there is some accumulated info in the logs and do that. So far, no drops and one spontaneous reboot.

rhcohen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default reply, to forward to krystianp

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
You can attach they here and nention krystianp so he get notified

Enviado desde mi MB860
OK, attached are kernel.log and radio.log (combined into the file atrixlogs.tar). Hopefully someone notifies krystianp.

Here is what they represent: I installed krystianp's kernel two days ago. Since then I have had two spontaneous reboots, and two more reboots that I initiated because in the first case the radio died; in the second case the radio didn't die (still had bars) but there was no data connection. In both cases rebooting restored full functionality.

Note in the case where the radio died, I went to no bars and stayed there; then when I tried turning airplane mode on and off, the network status symbol in the status bar disappeared (no triangle at all, rather than having an empty triangle).

Krystianp had suggested trying to stop/restart the radio from a terminal when the network drops; I did not try this as I was away from my computer and so did not have access to the instructions for the terminal command.

I hope these logs are of help.
Attached Files
File Type: tar atrixlogs.tar - [Click for QR Code] (332.5 KB, 6 views)

overboard1978
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcohen View Post
OK, attached are kernel.log and radio.log (combined into the file atrixlogs.tar). Hopefully someone notifies krystianp.

Here is what they represent: I installed krystianp's kernel two days ago. Since then I have had two spontaneous reboots, and two more reboots that I initiated because in the first case the radio died; in the second case the radio didn't die (still had bars) but there was no data connection. In both cases rebooting restored full functionality.

Note in the case where the radio died, I went to no bars and stayed there; then when I tried turning airplane mode on and off, the network status symbol in the status bar disappeared (no triangle at all, rather than having an empty triangle).

Krystianp had suggested trying to stop/restart the radio from a terminal when the network drops; I did not try this as I was away from my computer and so did not have access to the instructions for the terminal command.

I hope these logs are of help.
have you tried turning radio on and off from testing tab from dialer *#*#4636#*#* then select phone info scroll down and there is a tab to turn radio off and on. saves time from a reboot.

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 309
You should have mention him by @krystianp . Not sure it will work from the phone

Enviado desde mi MB860
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...

rhcohen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default RE turning radio off and on

Quote:
Originally Posted by overboard1978 View Post
have you tried turning radio on and off from testing tab from dialer *#*#4636#*#* then select phone info scroll down and there is a tab to turn radio off and on. saves time from a reboot.
No I haven't tried this. Does this do something different from krystianp's suggestion from Jan 2 at the 10.1 developer thread :

echo "shutdown" > /sys/class/radio/mdm6600/command
echo "powerup" > /sys/class/radio/mdm6600/command

which, per reply post from Feche (also Jan 2), succeeds in starting up the radio but not making a connection?

rhcohen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default further update

Quote:
No I haven't tried this. Does this do something different from krystianp's suggestion from Jan 2 at the 10.1 developer thread :

echo "shutdown" > /sys/class/radio/mdm6600/command
echo "powerup" > /sys/class/radio/mdm6600/command

which, per reply post from Feche (also Jan 2), succeeds in starting up the radio but not making a connection?
----------
OK I have a further update. Using the testing tab from the dialer gives me the option of turning the radio off; when I click it nothing changes -- in particular no option to turn the radio on.

When I try krystianp's echo "shutdown" and echo "powerup" commands, I get a system prompt back but no indication that anything has changed with the radio (though maybe it would be reflected in the radio logs). In any event, certainly no connection to the network.

With regard to including @krystianp in the mssage -- where am I supposed to include this (to get the log files to him)?

PolesApart
Old
(Last edited by PolesApart; 7th January 2014 at 02:15 PM.) Reason: made a mistake
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
----------
With regard to including @krystianp in the mssage -- where am I supposed to include this (to get the log files to him)?
Doesn' t it appear as a link to his user profile? go there and select
Code:
send message -> send a private message to krystianp

I don't see a place to attach a file to the message, but you can link to this thread.

rhcohen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default reply; and what is "uv"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolesApart View Post
Doesn' t it appear as a link to his user profile? go there and select
Code:
send message -> send a private message to krystianp

I don't see a place to attach a file to the message, but you can link to this thread.
-------------

Thanks. Sending the logs may no longer be relevant; @krystianp posted a new kernel a day and a half ago. I flashed it yesterday, and so far, no radio drops. If I get any I will post another message with logs and also send a message to krystianp.

I notice in describing the new kernel he says he made changes to radio and UV. Can someone tell me what is UV? I tried a search in the 10.1 developer forum and a more general google search but find nothing useful (I suspect this use of "UV" does not mean "ultra-violet".)

PolesApart
Old
Thanks Meter 4
As of today, he said the last kernel just adds more debug information. for me it didn't work for much time, with random reboots, probably caused by UV changes. UV is shorthand for "undervolting", an attempt to lower voltage to cpu (and perhaps some other devices) in order to preserve battery and generate less heat.

rhcohen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolesApart View Post
As of today, he said the last kernel just adds more debug information. for me it didn't work for much time, with random reboots, probably caused by UV changes. UV is shorthand for "undervolting", an attempt to lower voltage to cpu (and perhaps some other devices) in order to preserve battery and generate less heat.
I saw today's post but didn't interpret it the same way. He had already said that this kernel, along with the one from 12/31, were for people with the disconnect errors (which I was getting), but when he posted the Jan 5 kernel he indicated there were changes to radio and UV; I thought today's notice was just reaffirming the purpose of both the 12/31 and 1/5 kernels.

The 12/31 kernel clearly did more than just turn on logging however, as it seems to have fixed the camera flash for many (including me).

And the 1/5 kernel seems to be working more stably for me -- 1 1/2 days now without a radio drop. Maybe just luck.