5,605,311 Members 39,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My phone keeps losing root access

Tip us?
 
r3dal3x
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default [Q] My phone keeps losing root access

Hi, my phone keeps losing root access. I've done everthing correctly i'm sure but after a few hours root access is denied. I've tried re-rooting and flashing different recoveries and different roms but it keeps happening. I've searched through the forums but can't find any answers. Does anyone know any fixes? Thanks.
 
kamilmirza
Old
#2  
kamilmirza's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 242
Posts: 1,042
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lahore
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dal3x View Post
Hi, my phone keeps losing root access. I've done everthing correctly i'm sure but after a few hours root access is denied. I've tried re-rooting and flashing different recoveries and different roms but it keeps happening. I've searched through the forums but can't find any answers. Does anyone know any fixes? Thanks.
which root package are you flashing?
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5
 
r3dal3x
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza View Post
which root package are you flashing?
Hi. I did it with hasoon2000's HTC One all in one toolkit trying both CWM & TWRP and then perm root with Chainfire supersu. Thanks.
 
LibertyMarine
Old
#4  
LibertyMarine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 425
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dal3x View Post
Hi, my phone keeps losing root access. I've done everthing correctly i'm sure but after a few hours root access is denied. I've tried re-rooting and flashing different recoveries and different roms but it keeps happening. I've searched through the forums but can't find any answers. Does anyone know any fixes? Thanks.
First:
DON'T use CWM! It always ****ed up my system partition and I had to restore a backup because I was unable to reroot again!

Then secondly:
Try to flash everything manually. Use this supersu zip file from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 and also flash the recovery(TWRP) manually.

Maybe you need to reinstall your system.
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
r3dal3x
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine View Post
First:
DON'T use CWM! It always ****ed up my system partition and I had to restore a backup because I was unable to reroot again!

Then secondly:
Try to flash everything manually. Use this supersu zip file from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 and also flash the recovery(TWRP) manually.

Maybe you need to reinstall your system.
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it goes.
 
LibertyMarine
Old
#6  
LibertyMarine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 425
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dal3x View Post
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it goes.
ok, just send a pm or quote again that I get notified.. maybe I'll answer later because I am in a different time zone and I'll go to bed soon..
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more