Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 48,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My phone keeps losing root access

Tip us?

r3dal3x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] My phone keeps losing root access

Hi, my phone keeps losing root access. I've done everthing correctly i'm sure but after a few hours root access is denied. I've tried re-rooting and flashing different recoveries and different roms but it keeps happening. I've searched through the forums but can't find any answers. Does anyone know any fixes? Thanks.

kamilmirza
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dal3x View Post
Hi, my phone keeps losing root access. I've done everthing correctly i'm sure but after a few hours root access is denied. I've tried re-rooting and flashing different recoveries and different roms but it keeps happening. I've searched through the forums but can't find any answers. Does anyone know any fixes? Thanks.
which root package are you flashing?
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5

r3dal3x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza View Post
which root package are you flashing?
Hi. I did it with hasoon2000's HTC One all in one toolkit trying both CWM & TWRP and then perm root with Chainfire supersu. Thanks.

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
First:
DON'T use CWM! It always ****ed up my system partition and I had to restore a backup because I was unable to reroot again!

Then secondly:
Try to flash everything manually. Use this supersu zip file from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 and also flash the recovery(TWRP) manually.

Maybe you need to reinstall your system.
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r3dal3x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine View Post
First:
DON'T use CWM! It always ****ed up my system partition and I had to restore a backup because I was unable to reroot again!

Then secondly:
Try to flash everything manually. Use this supersu zip file from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 and also flash the recovery(TWRP) manually.

Maybe you need to reinstall your system.
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it goes.

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it goes.
ok, just send a pm or quote again that I get notified.. maybe I'll answer later because I am in a different time zone and I'll go to bed soon..
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMarine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]