5,598,463 Members 46,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any info on when Best Buy will have this in store?

Tip us?

mikeypizano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any info on when Best Buy will have this in store?

I am wondering if anyone knows when local Best Buy stores will sell this? I have seen a lot of problems on here so I am waiting for it to be available in store I think...

mikekoz
Old
(Last edited by mikekoz; 2nd January 2014 at 07:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I am not sure when or if they will, but it cost them a sale. I would have paid a little extra to buy it locally. However, I ended up paying about $450.00 for it online and that included a two year warranty that covered drops, spills, etc! From what I have read so far, most of the issues seem to be with the dock. I did not get that anyway. I was already paying the limit of what I would pay for a tablet, and I think $150.00 is too much for a plastic dock, especially if it has quality issues.

mikeypizano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I want to get it locally too but will probably buy off Amazon when its no longer under review and back for sale from Amazon again.

mikekoz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypizano View Post
Yeah I want to get it locally too but will probably buy off Amazon when its no longer under review and back for sale from Amazon again.
That is where I got it!

mikeypizano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekoz View Post
That is where I got it!
They just put it "under review" the other day...

mikekoz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypizano View Post
They just put it "under review" the other day...
I still see it on their webpage, although the price went up. By "under review" , do you mean they are getting multiple complaints of problems with it?? :confused

mikeypizano
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekoz View Post
I still see it on their webpage, although the price went up. By "under review" , do you mean they are getting multiple complaints of problems with it?? :confused
Yeah. Its not coming from amazon which is why its more money.

dragon_rckr
Old
Thanks Meter 144
I was also waiting for this to be at Best Buy to get in stores, but they might not have it physically available... But you can order it in stores and it'll come in a few days for the price its listed for on their site or order it online and have it delivered to your local best buy. This could be easier in case of returns... I did this a last month with a 3rd party DLSR lens that was listed on their site on sale and was not available in stores and it came in 5days after I placed the order and paid for it in the store.

Also, just checked and Amazon has both the tablet and dock shipping directly from them.
Alex

Device - Sprint SG3 SPH-L710 16GB Pebble Blue
Rooted - SG3 Toolkit
Recovery - TWRP 2.6.1.0
ROM - SlimBean Stable 1
Battery - Zero Lemon 7000mah

ianerhard13
Old
(Last edited by ianerhard13; 4th January 2014 at 10:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Has best buy ever had the 16 gb version online? I've only ever seen the 32. Hoping to buy it there because I have some credit.

Edit: never mind, there is no 16 gb. Thinking of something else.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

stanglifemike
Old
Thanks Meter 411
I was in my local Best Buy store recently, and asked an employee if they knew if when they were getting the TF701 in stores. The employee told me that more than likely, it would always be an item that is only available online. Of course this employee may very well be wrong, but they did seem to be very familiar with the TF701, whereas many other Best Buy employees seem to have never even heard of it before. Either way, it has definitely been available long enough to be in stores by now! This leads me to believe that the employee I questioned was correct. If it never makes it to store shelves for hands-on experiences, that's bad news for the TF701...

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium
Main Phone: White Samsung Note 3 + 64GB card
Other phone:White Note 2
Other Phone: White HTC Evo 4G LTE
Other Phone: Black HTC Evo 4G LTE
Main Tablet: Asus Infinity 32GB Internal + 64GB card
Main Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

98 GT: Lots of bolt-ons, suspension, exhaust.
06 GT: Vortech supercharger 10 lbs boost, full suspension, exhaust, too much to list here
Both purchased new and all mods done by me