Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi Calling "ER06 Sim Not Ready"

Tip us?

jgummeson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Wifi Calling "ER06 Sim Not Ready"

Hi,

Just got my Galaxy Relay in the mail last night. So far I'm liking it for the most part (aside from the crapload of bloat). Only real issue I'm having is that my WiFi calling is constantly trying to connect and fails with ER06 "SIM Not Ready". I got this error both before and after doing the OTA to JB. I'm coming from the HTC G2 where WiFi calling worked more or less perfectly, so I know my account/SIM supports it. Already double checked my SIM card to make sure it's the new model needed for WiFi calling. Noticed my e911 address was an old address so I updated that (not that it should really matter as long as I have an address there). Also updated my device in my tmo account settings in case that might make a difference. Updated all this stuff last night and still getting the same error. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas what to try next? Thanks for the help.

Jeff

jgummeson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
One more quick piece of info - the first thing I did when I took the phone out of the box was followed the steps for SIM unlocking the phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2255892. I haven't been able to test with a different SIM card yet to verify the unlock worked, but I'm wondering if this could have screwed up the WiFi calling. Can anyone verify whether WiFi calling still works after SIM unlocking?

jgummeson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ok good news everyone! After some more searching the wide wide webs I found some info for other phones having the same problem and the solution was to call up tmo and have them reset your iHLR settings. Don't know what it means but I told the support rep to try it and he knew what I meant. After he did it he told me to restart the phone and that it could take up to 2 hours to have an effect (probably just an easy way for him to get out of the chat session). But anyway as soon as I rebooted it was working. Hope this is useful for other people who bump into this problem. Thanks!

Jeff