5,598,297 Members 47,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Fed Up With T-Mobile/Samsung Galaxy S4 Crap ?

Tip us?

helake_az
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Fed Up With T-Mobile/Samsung Galaxy S4 Crap ?

If your fed up with your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 please reply here!

I have been a fairly loyal Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy S2, S3, and S4 customer. But the Samsung/T-Mobile blatant attempt to void all our warranties with the much anticipated Android 4.3 release was my LAST STRAW! No warning, no statement that this would be a different Boot-loader. I applied the OTA Android 4.3 on my S4 and launched into a nightmare. Secure boot-loader (e.g. locked), void warranty flag, no software updates, is there a Class Action Suite - I don't care anymore - I sold my LAST Samsung phone forever my T-Mobile 32GB SGS4 - I bought a Nexus 5 and I couldn't be happier. Great hardware and google android which I can customize to my hearts content!

Vote with your $'s and let SAMSUNG know that pissing off your customer base is NOT wise.
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, Android 4.3 Stock Rooted
Microsoft Surface 64GB Tablet, Windows On ARM 8.1
Kindle Keyboard, Stock Kindle 3.4

lalec
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Knox is a Samsung development and not specifically related to T-Mobile. Samsung's intent (as far as I know) was to add security features to their phones which would enable them to compete for government contracts, etc. While I'm disappointed in T-Mobile for many other reasons such as crappy voice and data signal quality in many locations and lack of support for those problems, Knox is not one of those reasons. This problem happened to customers using other carriers too and it was still easier to root a T-Mobile phone than a Verizon equivalent. I rooted my phone specifically to avoid receiving an OTA update. I'm glad I did.

proxyneo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
edit

Stryke_the_Orc
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6045
Guys,

While I understand the frustrations in dealing with carriers, locked bootloaders, and Knox; this is not the place for a social media bitchfest.
Eventually this will turn into a fanboy war over the devices, manufacturers and carriers and would need to be moderated heavily.
As such, this thread is closed to prevent said actions from happening.

Thank you for your understanding.
Tags
m919, samsung, sgs4, t-mobile, warranty
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe