Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Why no Clean loki flashable official 4.3 ROMs?

OP chocodough

6th January 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

412 posts
I still have a MDL bootloader and have been running clean GE ROMs since they came out. I really want to try out AT&T's latest MK2 4.3 official ROM, but it seems no one has just released a clean flashable in CWM rom like I have seen in past releases.

Is it because most people have to use Safestrap now with the newer bootloaders and have no use for flashable MK2 ROMs anymore?

I don't want to upgrade my bootloader by just putting on MK2 the normal way, I want to keep the ability to flash ROMS, but really want to try out a stock MK2 so I can try out the Samsung stuff again.

Sure there are a ton of MK2 ROMs in the forums here, but they are heavily modded with stuff I really don't want. I just want a clean ROM without anyone's MODs except for the usual of removal of the protections that would prevent me from reflashing a different ROM in the future.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?
6th January 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 651

1,307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocodough

I still have a MDL bootloader and have been running clean GE ROMs since they came out. I really want to try out AT&T's latest MK2 4.3 official ROM, but it seems no one has just released a clean flashable in CWM rom like I have seen in past releases.

Is it because most people have to use Safestrap now with the newer bootloaders and have no use for flashable MK2 ROMs anymore?

I don't want to upgrade my bootloader by just putting on MK2 the normal way, I want to keep the ability to flash ROMS, but really want to try out a stock MK2 so I can try out the Samsung stuff again.

Sure there are a ton of MK2 ROMs in the forums here, but they are heavily modded with stuff I really don't want. I just want a clean ROM without anyone's MODs except for the usual of removal of the protections that would prevent me from reflashing a different ROM in the future.

It's mostly because we already got a root method, so nobody's seen a purpose in putting together a flashable one to experiment on. I'm sure it can be done using the same method which the MF3 stock ROM was made, but someone just has to be willing to flash back to completely stock and run some terminal commands.

EDIT: Found a system dump, just nobody has compiled it into a flashable zip. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=760
Maybe someone could look at it.

EDIT2: StockUp has a rebloat addon if you want AT&T apps, and comes with all the normal Samsung things. It's probably your best bet. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498244
Last edited by DeadlySin9; 6th January 2014 at 09:07 PM.
6th January 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

412 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

It's mostly because we already got a root method, so nobody's seen a purpose in putting together a flashable one to experiment on. I'm sure it can be done using the same method which the MF3 stock ROM was made, but someone just has to be willing to flash back to completely stock and run some terminal commands.

EDIT: Found a system dump, just nobody has compiled it into a flashable zip. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=760

EDIT2: StockUp has a rebloat addon if you want AT&T apps, and comes with all the normal Samsung things. It's probably your best bet. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498244

Hopefully a DEV has their original laying around somewhere.

Of course I would prefer to have the KNOX stuff removed. I'm not sure what files to remove to do it myself.

I've seen some ROMs similar to what I am looking for in the Tmobile section here, but they still have stuff like modded or replaced kernels and of course all the Tmobile stuff in them. Would be nice to have the actual AT&T version without KNOX.

Hopefully that wouldn't be asking too much.
6th January 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

412 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

Ok thanks, I'll look into that.
6th January 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #5  

1,307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hopefully a DEV has their original laying around somewhere.

Of course I would prefer to have the KNOX stuff removed. I'm not sure what files to remove to do it myself.

I've seen some ROMs similar to what I am looking for in the Tmobile section here, but they still have stuff like modded or replaced kernels and of course all the Tmobile stuff in them. Would be nice to have the actual AT&T version without KNOX.

Hopefully that wouldn't be asking too much.

StockUp has KNOX removed and is based off the AT&T version, and like i said has that rebloat zip with AT&T apps. All you have to do from there is get a 4.3 kernel
6th January 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

27 posts
This one? have you read it?
MF3 system and boot images, no bootloader so you are safe. Need custom kernels, due to mf3 rom expecting mf3 bootloader and kernel.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2378946

Personal suggestion, don't try the MF3 and stay with GE, update it to 4.3 or 4.4 if you want, because you won't be losing anything going touchwiz and instead will be adding a ton of crap. Even after debloating you will still end up with a ton of crap.

ps. lovely edit system the forum has...
Last edited by gb.sn; 6th January 2014 at 10:50 PM.
7th January 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 127

789 posts
More
Quote:

Upgrade bootloader? It seems like a downgrade if it restricts what you can flash. Have you tried the international roms? Sure it won't have the at&t stuff which most people don't want but it'll have the samsung stuff you seem to want. Make sure to flash lokidoki after installing international rom or install an at&t kernal.
8th January 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #8  

1,307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb.sn

This one? have you read it?
MF3 system and boot images, no bootloader so you are safe. Need custom kernels, due to mf3 rom expecting mf3 bootloader and kernel.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2378946

Personal suggestion, don't try the MF3 and stay with GE, update it to 4.3 or 4.4 if you want, because you won't be losing anything going touchwiz and instead will be adding a ton of crap. Even after debloating you will still end up with a ton of crap.

ps. lovely edit system the forum has...

He was looking for MK2, not MF3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash822

Upgrade bootloader? It seems like a downgrade if it restricts what you can flash. Have you tried the international roms? Sure it won't have the at&t stuff which most people don't want but it'll have the samsung stuff you seem to want. Make sure to flash lokidoki after installing international rom or install an at&t kernal.

He said he doesn't want to upgrade bootloader, that's why he's looking for a loki 4.3 stock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread