Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 49,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting the Optimus G

Tip us?

mcdanishdk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Rooting the Optimus G

Yes, I HAVE read the guides, so my question is not how, but how difficult?? On a scale from 1 to 10, my old Galaxy S III was a 1, simply flashing an insecure kernel and then go on flashing whatever your geek heart desired ;=) I have a P990 here on the table that I tried, and it was pure LUCK that I got it back to life after it got stuck in a frozen dual logo screen. I understand it involves unlocking the bootloader (see, I DID read up on my homework) and I have a HTC Artemis in my spares drawer that I never was able to crack the bootloader on. Help??? I don't wanna brick my Optimus G now that I got it to try 4G, but I am so BORED with the standard ROM and the bloatware which I must add, I tried to make proper use of, but I know which apps I need, bought the ones I could along the way, including the exciting NextLauncher, but that don't make way for root access for screenshot apps and the likes. . Keep flashing ;=)

ag.kgb
Old
(Last edited by ag.kgb; 7th January 2014 at 11:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
question is not how, but how difficult?? On a scale from 1 to 10 .... answer is 0

just two clicks in framaroot app and you are rooted. It's hard to totally brick optimus g