[Q] Galaxy Tab - Missing USB Settings

Tip us?

Soulpole79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [Q] Galaxy Tab - Missing USB Settings

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I did look at the suggested related threads and many other forums.

Ultimately, I am trying to root my son's Galaxy Tab 2 7" (wifi only) but I am falling at the first hurdle. When I plug the phone via USB to the laptop it claims the USB has malfunctioned and the device cannot be recognised, however, all my USB ports work perfectly. I have also installed the latest Samsung Drivers on the laptop (running Windows 8).

When I go to the Settings menu of the tab itself, there is NO USB connection settings at all, in any sub-menu and so I can't even check if it is set up to allow transfer. I have factory wiped in the hope that some updates removed this option, as I do recall (perhaps wrongly) that I was able to connect when we first purchased the device.

Is this a common issue with the Tab 2, or is it an issue with my set-up. If already known is there a solution, or is he doomed to walk stock for all eternity?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

sharonbw
Old
Thanks Meter 124
If I'm not mistaken you actually want download mode, not usb, in order to flash a custom recovery via Odin. I think it's power plus vol down while plugging the phone to computer (phone is off).

Sent from my GT-p511x
The Following User Says Thank You to sharonbw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]