Here is what I did incorrectly:
- Used TWRP to flash the wrong ROM
- Created a backup in CWM format, not TWRP, so I can't restore it.
- Flashing official factory firmware with LG Launcher got hung up at the 12 s mark (when it transitioned to the "downloading software" step) for upwards of 15 min before I exited
- Using the KDZ method seemed to work and actually got me really excited! But the "firmware update" progress bar on the download mode screen didn't move and a reset only ended up back at TWRP
- Using the TOT method also appeared to start to work, but it failed because the build/dll didn't match. I have the VS98011A_01 version and used the TOT that I found in the thread.