Stock mj4 rooted KitKat ota update?

OP debage39

7th January 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 6

92 posts
More
I tried to check for an update on custom ROM and got the ur device is modded and can't get updates. As expected but I also get the same message when I restore to stock rooted. Will I need to unroot to receive the update. Never had a problem accepting an update b4. Lost root of course but that's it. Anybody wanna chime in? Thanx in advance.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
7th January 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag west palm beach
Thanks Meter: 163

290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debage39

I tried to check for an update on custom ROM and got the ur device is modded and can't get updates. As expected but I also get the same message when I restore to stock rooted. Will I need to unroot to receive the update. Never had a problem accepting an update b4. Lost root of course but that's it. Anybody wanna chime in? Thanx in advance.

What I do is Odin back to stock... Data wipe... Flash through Odin a second time... Data wipe again... And you should be able to accept updates again :thumbup::sly:

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FLBoy1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debage39

You can get OTA updates when your phone reports back, in Odin mode, with "Official" for both Samsung and Status

in short you will need to revert to stock ROM and recovery and wipe it 2-3 times like @FLBoy1991 said

Is the KitKat OTA out yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to drewbuntu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread