[Q] Trying to go back to stock, but missing a step...
After following these instructions. I still have a counter, still modified, and brick when I OTA.
I don't understand step four, so if anyone has the proper files and could walk me through just step 4, I think I will be golden.
I read and read, and not sure if TWRP is what I need for that, or something else? But, this is becoming a nightmare for this newb!
1. Download "back to stock" zip folder I uploaded. It contains all the files needed. No need to search around.
2. Unzip the file and extract the folder to your desktop.
3. Open folder and install Samsung drivers if not already done so.
4. Now make sure you have root and custom recovery
on the phone. Turn the phone off. Hold volume up, home and power button at the same time.Wait till u see custom recovery screen and then let go off all the buttons.
5. Once in recovery... delete data, system, cache, dev cache like you want to flash a new rom. Turn the phone off by pulling the battery or see option for power off device under custom recovery.
6. Once the phone is completely off lets get into download mode. Hold volume down, home and power button until you see the screen with an option to press volume up to get into download. Press volume up to enter download mode when asked.
7. Now open odin3.07 I provided in the folder u downloaded. Once open connect your phone via usb. Windows should install device drivers. Once thats done, you should see com## on the Odin software.
8. On odin software you should see button called PDA. Click on it and browse to the file called KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user _low_ship.tar. in the folder provided by me. select it and hit ok. Odin will process the file. It will take max 2 to 3 min.
9. Before you click start on Odin make sure auto reboot and F. reset time is checked only. Everything else unchecked. Click start button. Odin will start flashing the factory firmware. It will take time.
10. Once Odin is done flashing. phone will reboot. Now you can disconnect the usb cable. When phone is fully rebooted, skip all the prompt and get to home screen.
11. Turn the phone off again and get into download mode. Connect usb cable to computer with Odin open. Click Pda and select file called CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar. Let Odin process it and then click start. Once flashing the root file is done. Phone should reboot to home screen. Now you have root. The reason we need root is to get rid of counter # in download more. It should say zero.
12. Connect your phone to computer while on the home screen. Open phone internal storage and go to download folder and copy Triangle away.apk into it.
13. Go into settings and security and check unknown sources.
14. Go to apps and open application "my file". Go to download folder and select triangle away application to install. install it. Open application application and scroll down and select reset counter option. Make sure your are connected to wifi. Confirm you phone is I317 and triangle away will download the file. Your phone should reboot into some type of reset counter recovery screen. follow the instruction on the screen to reset the counter. After that phone should reboot.
15. Once rebooted uninstall triangle away apk. Now open super user application and scrool down and click fully unroot. When done go into stock recovery and clear data and cache. reboot phone. All done. Your counter is set to zero. Your phone should read normal under settings.
You can update your phone under settings from att servers.