5,600,664 Members 37,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]SOLVED How to enter SIM unlock network code after flashing to a custom Kernel/ROM?

Tip us?

lanosalf
Old
(Last edited by lanosalf; 8th January 2014 at 01:54 AM.) Reason: SOLVED
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Talking [Q]SOLVED How to enter SIM unlock network code after flashing to a custom Kernel/ROM?

I have an xperia X8 with some naa kernel and xperiadroidx 6.1.
The thing is that with this custom kernel and ROM when i put a SIM from another network carrier, the question asking for the SIM-unlock code input is not showing up. (this appeared before when phone was in stock state)
What do i need to do?
Is it possible to do it without re-flashing to stock?

...or i have to put back the phone to stock? What is the easiest/safest/best way to do this? using the restore option in "PC companion" SE app?
Is it only needed to put the stock kernel and ROM, or Do i also need to re-lock the bootloader?

I don't need the whole explanation, just a little guidance, just a few tips to know what to do, then i can google/search myself for the specifics on how to actually do it.

thanks in advance

lanosalf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Solved!

Pc companion didn't worked. All was fine except that it says that "there wasn't any update for my phone". The same happened with sony exclusive "update service".

What worked was flashtools and a stock kernel/ROM available here in XDA.

Once i flashed with this stock kernel/firmware, the "SIM network unlock PIN" became automatically displayed when i turn on the phone with a SIM from a different/locked network carrier.
Then as i already had the PIN (which i get from my old network carrier), put it there and it worked as it should. Unlocked...

No need to re-lock the bootloader or anything else, just flashing with stock kernel/firmware suffice.

Pd: I wonder why is that the custom cyanogenmod rom that i previously had, or for that matter, any other custom ROM, don't have this "SIM network unlock PIN" available.
It is almost insane to have a perfectly working and personalized custom ROM, and have to flash back to stock just to "network-unlock" the phone with a legitimate obtained code.