XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Developer Options Missing?

Tip us?

inverzion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Developer Options Missing?

Hi all, I've recently started flashing numerous custom ROMs on my Optimus G (E973) and have been mostly successful so far. Still, there some quirks that I needed help with.

One of them is this: on some custom roms that I tried flashing (e.g. houstonn's PA beta, some others I can't exactly recall), the developer options seemed to be missing in the settings. I have a couple of questions about this.

1. Is USB debugging automatically enabled for these roms by default?
2. How would I access developer options if they are missing?

I really hope you guys can help me with this; it's not a terrible urgent problem but I just want to learn more about these things and find a way to enable the options if possible. Thanks!

thomasnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You can go to settings/about phone, then quickly tap the build number some times (I think 7) to enable development settings

inverzion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Oh I see, thanks! That was a lot simpler than I would have imagined it to be.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app

inverzion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default USB File Transfer

Do developer options or USB debugging somehow affect file transfer between the phone and the computer? All of a sudden I'm getting an "either the phone has stopped responding or has been disconnected" error message and I can't copy files over to my phone, although I can manipulate files that were already in the phone's memory.