5,596,128 Members 33,667 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who's Still Running JB 4.3 On Their N7??

Tip us?

heliosue
Old
(Last edited by heliosue; 23rd December 2013 at 03:15 PM.) Reason: Clarification
Thanks Meter 5
Default Stuck

I'm still on 4.3 because I can't get off of it. I rooted several weeks ago without a problem, installed TWRP, and when the new updates started rolling out I unrooted. The update always looks like its going to work, all the way up to rebooting only to find that nothing has changed. Many update attempts later, and because I couldn't think of anything else to try, I have tried to restore to stock, factory reset, etc. and nothing changes. Still on 4.3 no matter what!

Pandae
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosue View Post
I'm still on 4.3 because I can't get off of it. I rooted several weeks ago without a problem, installed TWRP, and when the new updates started rolling out I unrooted. The update always looks like its going to work, all the way up to rebooting only to find that nothing has changed. Many update attempts later, and because I couldn't think of anything else to try, I have tried to restore to stock, factory reset, etc. and nothing changes. Still on 4.3 no matter what!
Try using fastboot to unlock, then wipe the cache, system and userdata partitions. Then there's no reason the stock image's flash-all.bat shouldn't work.

steve50
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well update has come through and waiting my install, so the question is do I install it, is the recommendation to install it or not.

heliosue
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandae View Post
Try using fastboot to unlock, then wipe the cache, system and userdata partitions. Then there's no reason the stock image's flash-all.bat shouldn't work.
Thanks for the advice. I tried lots of strategies, and ultimately, I'm not at all sure what I did, but somehow managed to get the Nexus 7 updated. I sure hope nobody wants me to explain how to do it. because I have no idea.
Thanks again.

Pandae
Old
Thanks Meter 39
As long as something worked, short of hitting it with a sledgehammer!

rmn6
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandae View Post
As long as something worked, short of hitting it with a sledgehammer!
Same technique I had to use on the 3 Nexus 7 2013's I returned and that was just to touch an icon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app