Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Boot screen issue. have to clear cache every restart

Tip us?

bamford
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Boot screen issue. have to clear cache every restart

Hi hope someone here can help,

I installed the stable CM 10.1 as per the instructions i found on here, and i much prefer this to the stock rom. however i have been experiencing difficulties every time i turn my nook off. When i reboot it it gets stuck on the cyanogenmod boot animation , I've left it for as long as 30 minutes with no luck. I found that if i clear the davlik cache this solves it and (after updating the apps again) it boots up in the normal amount of time. Any suggestions as to what could be the issue and how to fix it? I dont really want to go through the process of putting the rom on again if i dont have to since i will lose all my apps. Thanks

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3536

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamford View Post
Hi hope someone here can help,

I installed the stable CM 10.1 as per the instructions i found on here, and i much prefer this to the stock rom. however i have been experiencing difficulties every time i turn my nook off. When i reboot it it gets stuck on the cyanogenmod boot animation , I've left it for as long as 30 minutes with no luck. I found that if i clear the davlik cache this solves it and (after updating the apps again) it boots up in the normal amount of time. Any suggestions as to what could be the issue and how to fix it? I dont really want to go through the process of putting the rom on again if i dont have to since i will lose all my apps. Thanks
May have reported that going to settings and un-checking the quick wallpaper render helps with this.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bamford
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
May have reported that going to settings and un-checking the quick wallpaper render helps with this.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
Wow well that seems to have worked! at least the first time

Thank you very much, amazing its something so simple