XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to go from 4.3.1 to 4.4?

Tip us?

razormccabe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default How to go from 4.3.1 to 4.4?

I can't find anywhere on how to go from 4.3.1 to kitkat? I am running IOKP ROM. I was going to to download factory image from Google but it is a .tar file, I thought i could only flash zip files in recovery? Any help or step by step guide would be appreciated.

Warbuff
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by razormccabe View Post
I can't find anywhere on how to go from 4.3.1 to kitkat? I am running IOKP ROM. I was going to to download factory image from Google but it is a .tar file, I thought i could only flash zip files in recovery? Any help or step by step guide would be appreciated.
Unpack the tar files and flash the img files via fastboot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

razormccabe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Is there anyway to do it without a PC?

Warbuff
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Is there anyway to do it without a PC?
Unfortunately no. You need a computer to run fastboot while it is plugged into your device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

thejmannnc
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
if your bootloader is unlocked, your rooted, and you have a recovery, (TWRP) or CWM) why not just flash a 4.4.2 rom from the Nexus 7 LTE thread? theres a few to choose from. Just do a full wipe in recovery, flash the downloaded rom, and boom....4.4.2. easy like wezzy bro!
Need any help let me know.........