4.3 Update for T999L now live

Search This thread

chjema

Feb 8, 2012
Coeur D'alene
No, just the ROM and ATT kernel. I'll grab the T999L 4.3 modem and try again?

***EDIT***

Ok, flashing the modem seems to have fixed it.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of the /0 thing and have all the other folders from before? I see them when I go into the recovery to flash things, items are now saving to the /0/downloads folder

So I flashed the new modem and still have no data.....ugh... This is after flashing the Att kernel. (which fixed my wifi)

and the /0 folder is now how Android uses it. (for multiple users and backwards compatibility)

Edit. DERPPPPP I flashed the old modem lol.

Last edited:

masondoctorjt

Apr 18, 2010
LG V60 ThinQ
If we use the att kernel, do we lose wifi calling? I know we have no wifi calling if the wifi doesn't work with the T-Mobile kernel, but I'm still on 4.1.2 so this is why I'm holding back.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

anil2653

No, just the ROM and ATT kernel. I'll grab the T999L 4.3 modem and try again?

***EDIT***

Ok, flashing the modem seems to have fixed it.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of the /0 thing and have all the other folders from before? I see them when I go into the recovery to flash things, items are now saving to the /0/downloads folder

You can’t avoid 0 folder but you can get your all old data moved to this 0 folder
Just download any root Explorer and go to /system /mnt /shell /emulate and there you will find all your previous data and also 0 folder so move everything you want to either ext sdcard or to 0 folder for easy access in future

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: thetolsonator

lanzero

Dec 6, 2013
Doc, out if curiosity, can a deodexed rom like urs work without problems on an odexed rom like root66? For example, say i got root66 on my S3 and i want to install your custom rom on it. Is it possible to do so without any issues? I ask because i read that when you install a custom deodexed rom on an odexed rom that you can experience problems.

Last edited:

beachbum40

Dec 9, 2011
cincinnati
Have issues with games force closing done everything right I'm sure. I noticed when I first flash the 4.3 official firmware through Odin by route66 and before I did my rooting by odin flashing custom recovery then flashing su app my games worked fine so I'm thinking I'm may be root wrong??? Any suggestions plz

Sent from my SGH-T999L using xda app-developers app

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Doc, out if curiosity, can a deodexed rom like urs work without problems on an odexed rom like root66? For example, say i got root66 on my S3 and i want to install your custom rom on it. Is it possible to do so without any issues? I ask because i read that when you install a custom deodexed rom on an odexed rom that you can experience problems.

If you're running a mixed build, generally yes it will cause problems. However, I think you can have a deodexed framework and odexed apps. It may be the other way around though.
The only times you might really need to be careful is if you are running odexed, and try to flash a deodexed app/mod.
In your case its nothing to worry about. When you flash a rom it overwrites the system partition. So when you flash this you will be fully deodexed. On /system, nothing from root66 will remain.
Let me know if that doesn't make sense. Hope it helps!

lanzero

Dec 6, 2013
In your case its nothing to worry about. When you flash a rom it overwrites the system partition. So when you flash this you will be fully deodexed. On /system, nothing from root66 will remain.
!

So after i install your deodexed rom running root66, i'll be ok and i wont experience any issues. And thats because the system partition will be replaced with your rom?

chjema

Feb 8, 2012
Coeur D'alene
uploadfromtaptalk1386933241309.jpg

thetolsonator

Apr 19, 2011
You can’t avoid 0 folder but you can get your all old data moved to this 0 folder
Just download any root Explorer and go to /system /mnt /shell /emulate and there you will find all your previous data and also 0 folder so move everything you want to either ext sdcard or to 0 folder for easy access in future

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm unable to get to my old /mnt/sdcard/ folder using this setup. Going to the /mnt folder just gives me the sdcard, emulated and extSdcard (amongst the usb drives but w/e) and when I go to either emulated or sdcard I get the same new /0 folder architecture.

Thanks Doc for the ROM and for the experience, but I'm not a fan of what Sammy did for 4.3. I think I'll stick with 4.1.2 until I can get away from the GS3

b0joker

Feb 27, 2011
Pleasant view
If I flash Root66, At&t kernel, & modem. Will I get permissive on se, wifi, and root? Also can I flash back to 4.1.2 in case I dont like or want 4.3?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
If I flash Root66, At&t kernel, & modem. Will I get permissive on se, wifi, and root? Also can I flash back to 4.1.2 in case I dont like or want 4.3?

If you flssh root66 you'll already have the modem. But yes it is confirmed that flashing the ATT kernel sets seLinux to permissive. You wont need it for wifi though. That will work as is on root66.

Reactions: b0joker

peterkef

Aug 25, 2007
New York
If you flssh root66 you'll already have the modem. But yes it is confirmed that flashing the ATT kernel sets seLinux to permissive. You wont need it for wifi though. That will work as is on root66.

I flashed the root 66.
my status goes now to enforcing.
Do I have to flash the att kernel to get the permissive?

My apologies but I cannot find this in the tread and I don't know what this status means.
can someone give me some clarification?

Thank you

b0joker

Feb 27, 2011
Pleasant view
My apologies but I cannot find this in the tread and I don't know what this status means.
can someone give me some clarification?

Thank you[/QUOTE]
It has something to do with security of root. It sometimes blocks root on apps. Yes if you flash att kernel it will go permissive.

Last edited:

masondoctorjt

Apr 18, 2010
LG V60 ThinQ
Ok, here is the T999L 4.3 deodexed/KnoxFree Rom from build UVUBMK4!

Remember it is as of yet untested! One thing I do halfway expect to be an issue is WiFi. On the T999, if you did not flash the FULL 4.3 update, WiFi would not work on the T-Mobile kernel. Instead we found we could use the AT&T kernel. So if WiFi does not work, let me know and i will post a link to the kernel for you to try. Hopefully this will not be the same, but honestly, I would be surprised...

So here it is:

T999L_4.3_UVUBMK4_deodexed_KnoxFREE.zip

I've been using this Rom for weeks and everything it's great with it, but then just the other day I tried to change fonts in the system menu under display and it thinks for a second then says "unfortunately settings has stopped" I wiped everything and then reinstalled and still same thing. Any ideas?

Last edited:

henslo

May 4, 2012
Hickory
I've been using this Rom for weeks and everything it's great with it, but then just the other day I tried to change fonts in the system menu under display and it thinks for a second then says "unfortunately settings has stopped" I wiped everything and then reinstalled and still same thing. Any ideas?

Use ROM toolbox to install a font, should work. But be safe backup.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: masondoctorjt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Knox is a major pain when it comes to root. By request, I'm working on a deodexed, Knox free rom built from the T999L 4.3 firmware. Hopfully ill have it up in just a little while. Hope it helps!
    Full firmware is now available. I am downloading now, but it will take nearly 5 hours to complete. Once done I will upload it to my AFH account so you guys dont have to suffer such long download times! I will also post the flashable MK4 modem. This should be compatible for both the T999L and T999N, but dont be surprised if this has changed!

T999V firmware will be posted in a bit as well.
    Just to clarify, odin flash TMB-T999LUVUBMK4 (with or without reboot?)
    then odin flash TWRP/CWM,
    Pull battery and boot into recovery(Which should now be custom).
    Then flash your 4.3 knox free rom
    then Reboot and it should just update android and all data and root should stay intact?

Reboot is optional after the initial firmware flash. Not sure if there's benefit either way. But after flashing twrp/cwm, if you reboot, it may rewrite stock recovery.
    After that, yes, just flash my rom, or another if you prefer. Shouldnt need to update anything beyond that. I don't recommend immediately updating any apps. Wait a while and then only update a few at a time. This way if tgeres issues, you'll know what caused then. Uodating SuperSU shouldn't cause issues, but if it does, let me know please.

Does this method trip the warranty bit described in the regular t999 update thread? And does your 4.3 Rom show when in an LTE area, or will I have to wait for a build specifically for the T999L?

Yes, just about anything you do beyond flashing official firmware will trip the warranty bit.
    As for lte display in the rom, I don't know. Hasnt been reported either way yet. But even if it doesn't show lte in status bar, you should still see it for network type in About Device.

If I don't get too covered uo tomorrow, ill try to get you guys a base rom built for you to play with.
    If you update to 4 3, tgere is no going back. You can flash older roms, but not older firmware.
    Yes, you will lose root. But if you Odin flash TWRP/CWM (uncheck auto reboot), then boot straight to that recovery (either battery pull or be quick on the buttons), you should be able to flash my 4.3 knox free rom. You can flash SuperSU, but its pointless till knox is removed.

Or, stay on your current firmware, and flash your new modem and my 4.3 rom and you should be good to go until more work is done on your build.
    root66 is up for 4.3 stock with root http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319195706 or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1771687 make sure we thank mrRobinson for his hard work.