Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Should I use the MK1 recovery to flash

OP landj1

5th January 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
I am currently on the MK1 build. In the P600 CF-Auto root thread, as I understand two files needed, One is for the root which is autorootp600mj4.tar.md5 and the other is for recovery which is the stock mj4 recovery, Okay all that being said. Now the question. Can I flash autoroot600mj4.tar.md5 for root, but instead of using the stock mj4 recovery, can I flash the stock mk1 recovery that was post in the P600 CF-Auto root thread. (Refer to Post #144)

Thanks,
Jeff
Last edited by landj1; 5th January 2014 at 11:46 PM. Reason: (Can if ) should have read ( can I)
The Following User Says Thank You to landj1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
it could make sens. who got an answer for us please?
The Following User Says Thank You to yopmania For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yopmania

it could make sens. who got an answer for us please?

Amen!!
7th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #4  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 639

1,603 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by landj1

I am currently on the MK1 build. In the P600 CF-Auto root thread, as I understand two files needed, One is for the root which is autorootp600mj4.tar.md5 and the other is for recovery which is the stock mj4 recovery, Okay all that being said. Now the question. Can I flash autoroot600mj4.tar.md5 for root, but instead of using the stock mj4 recovery, can I flash the stock mk1 recovery that was post in the P600 CF-Auto root thread. (Refer to Post #144)

Thanks,
Jeff

yes you can
7th January 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif

yes you can

Thanks for the info!!!
J
7th January 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
Tablet
One other question please, If rooting is so great, why are there so many post requesting help because their device is not booting, in a bootloop or some other problems.. I really would like to root., but am not sure that some of these problems others have would happen to me. Convince me I should root. Not concern about Knox, (that horse has been beaten in the head enough) or the warranty.
8th January 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
Tablet
One other question please, If rooting is so great, why are there so many post requesting help because their device is not booting, in a bootloop or some other problems.. I really would like to root., but am not sure that some of these problems others have would happen to me. Convince me I should root. Not concern about Knox, (that horse has been beaten in the head enough) or the warranty.
Last edited by landj1; 8th January 2014 at 03:16 AM. Reason: repeated
8th January 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 639

1,603 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by landj1

Rooting has nothing to do with boot looping issues you are referring to, these were TWRP problems .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread