XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MTP Driver Help?

Tip us?

BG64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default MTP Driver Help?

After installing any version of 4.4 (Geeb's, PA beta, CM11) my device refuses to show up when I use MTP. I've reverted back to 4.2.1, stock, and it works just fine, so it's not my device, and I can't uninstall/reinstall drivers since my device won't show up in Device Manager.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

benem3000
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Have you updated to a kitkat recovery? http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1386977662
Also try a different cord, usb port, and computer if you haven't already. Also if you haven't done a clean install (wipe) that could be it.

BG64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by benem3000 View Post
Have you updated to a kitkat recovery? http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1386977662
Also try a different cord, usb port, and computer if you haven't already. Also if you haven't done a clean install (wipe) that could be it.
I was lucky enough to be able to find my device for a quick second in Device Manager, just as I was turning it off, and was able to reinstall the drivers. Now we're good to go! :3

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I should probably update my recovery anyway.

Droiddude13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default More details

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG64 View Post
I was lucky enough to be able to find my device for a quick second in Device Manager, just as I was turning it off, and was able to reinstall the drivers. Now we're good to go! :3
Hey, can you elaborate more on what you did exactly? Ive been having problems with mtp after cm11 and cant find a fix. It only shows up on device manger as "HID interface device" (like a mouse basically)
Please ?