5,597,261 Members 40,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which GS4 model should i get?

Tip us?

whiteblazer01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Which GS4 model should i get?

I would prefer to be without a contract, I'm okay being without LTE in the USA, would like international usability, and am confused about all these different variants in model numbers, processor types, and versions (e.g. Google edition, Active edition, etc...). Thanks!

aresbv2000
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteblazer01 View Post
I would prefer to be without a contract, I'm okay being without LTE in the USA, would like international usability, and am confused about all these different variants in model numbers, processor types, and versions (e.g. Google edition, Active edition, etc...). Thanks!
Go for I9506.I think is the best.I own this phone and is better than I9505.But if you are looking for any custom rom you will not find anyhing for it(yet) only root and a few mods compatible from I9505.But overall is way better than i9505.The Snapdragon 800(2,3 Ghz and Adreno 330) does his job very well.And....there is no official android 4.3 for it.Just 4.2.2.I9506 rocks the benchmarks.In Antutu(stok ROM,stock Kernel) it scores around 35000 pts.

difyel
Old
Thanks Meter 28
none , don t purchase an s4 , if u really want a Samsung device the s5 is coming soon , also concerning international usability with regional lock Samsung is not a good option
Defend Your Rights And Say No To Samsung's:

- Knox
- Regional Locking

Sent From My GT-I9505

chickentuna
Old
Thanks Meter 377
If you're considering a Google play edition device, you're better off with the nexus 5

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

whiteblazer01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresbv2000 View Post
Go for I9506.I think is the best.I own this phone and is better than I9505.But if you are looking for any custom rom you will not find anyhing for it(yet) only root and a few mods compatible from I9505.But overall is way better than i9505.The Snapdragon 800(2,3 Ghz and Adreno 330) does his job very well.And....there is no official android 4.3 for it.Just 4.2.2.I9506 rocks the benchmarks.In Antutu(stok ROM,stock Kernel) it scores around 35000 pts.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm looking into this. What carrier are you using; any plan suggestions? (I'm not too eager to sign a contract)

Quote:
Originally Posted by difyel View Post
none , don t purchase an s4 , if u really want a Samsung device the s5 is coming soon , also concerning international usability with regional lock Samsung is not a good option
Has the S5 been announced? Doesn't Samsung usually release new year flagship phones in March/April? I'll need one much sooner than that.
Also, what's the problem with international use on a GS4? I think I remember reading that International GS4s in the USA don't have 4G use, and USA GS4s don't work well in other countries. If I get a rootable GS4, would this resolve this concern?

Thanks again for the help guys!