Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,479 Members 37,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lock screen widget & knox - pfx

Tip us?

mitjag
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Lock screen widget & knox - pfx

Hello everyone.
First I want to tell that I am really dissapointed how Samsung complicate things for us user and now to two problems I have.

First:
Did anyone figured out how to use security certificate (pfx extension) without need to change to pattern lock so I can use lockscreen widgets?
Is there any way that certificate can coexist with swype option (for instance using cert. in different browser so Android wouldn't be "aware" and would allow you to use swype.
I know it is security concern but this is free choice for user. Isn't it?

Second:
Since Samsung added knox I though that is nice so I can now add all security concerned applications (exchange mail, pfx certificate etc) to knox which would be secured by pin and for personal use I would use swype lockscreen etc. But hell no... Dammsung did it again. It allow to use excange mail in knox but it doesn't allow to install certificate there. It say that security policy prevent to install certificate there. Wtf?

Btw since I know about knox problem with rooting I would like to solve this without it(I rooted s3 numerous times but again dammsung did it again and I hope they will figure it out that with such steps they are loosing users which bought android phone because of possibilities to customize.)

Help please!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Samsung GALAXY S III - I9300, Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 - N8010

fivecheebs
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitjag View Post

First:
Did anyone figured out how to use security certificate (pfx extension) without need to change to pattern lock so I can use lockscreen widgets?
Is there any way that certificate can coexist with swype option (for instance using cert. in different browser so Android wouldn't be "aware" and would allow you to use swype.
I know it is security concern but this is free choice for user. Isn't it?
You will need root but there is an xposed module to give you lock screen widgets whilst still keeping the security pin or pattern. see here

mitjag
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thx. So no solution without root maybe on 4.4?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Samsung GALAXY S III - I9300, Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 - N8010