Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,474 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone having trouble with 'Tasker' in car installations?

Tip us?

RossiFozzi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb [Q] Anyone having trouble with 'Tasker' in car installations?

Hi everyone,

So I have mounted my tablet in the centre console of my car flush, the last bit is getting tasker to react in the correct way.
The problem I'm getting is that split second when you turn the key from 'on' to turning it over it looses power. This plays around with the profiles I have set up...

Has anyone made a task that will stop it from turning on and off and back on again when the car starts up or make it load smoother?

Thanks Chad

JakeyEck
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossiFozzi View Post
Hi everyone,

So I have mounted my tablet in the centre console of my car flush, the last bit is getting tasker to react in the correct way.
The problem I'm getting is that split second when you turn the key from 'on' to turning it over it looses power. This plays around with the profiles I have set up...

Has anyone made a task that will stop it from turning on and off and back on again when the car starts up or make it load smoother?

Thanks Chad
I don't know your exact situation or what your tasker proffile setup is, but couldn't you simply add in a wait for x seconds step in one of your profiles?

RossiFozzi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
My set up is like this:

Profile - State - Power (Any)
Task:
Blue tooth on
Wifi on
Car home ultra open
Pop message

Profile 2: State - Power (invert)
Task:
Pop message
Blue tooth off
Wifi off
Kill Car home ultra
Screen lock

That's what I'm using at the moment but that split second just messes with it.. Makes it all muddled up as in a short time it's turning on, off and on again.

Would that time task you suggested bypass it recognising that it's losing power?

JakeyEck
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossiFozzi View Post
My set up is like this:

Profile - State - Power (Any)
Task:
Blue tooth on
Wifi on
Car home ultra open
Pop message

Profile 2: State - Power (invert)
Task:
Pop message
Blue tooth off
Wifi off
Kill Car home ultra
Screen lock

That's what I'm using at the moment but that split second just messes with it.. Makes it all muddled up as in a short time it's turning on, off and on again.

Would that time task you suggested bypass it recognising that it's losing power?
By no means am I a pro with Tasker, but you could probably put in a wait command at the beginning of the 1st profile and it may stay alive when the car loses it's power for that short time.

RossiFozzi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'll give that a go and see if it works.

Will let you know of the outcome
Thank you!

RossiFozzi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It didn't work unfortunately..

Any other ideas, links, answers to help me out on this?
I would really appreciate it!
Chad.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using xda app-developers app

DaWeav
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Press and hold the Profile and select the properties and set the cool down timer to a value so that the profile can't attempt to run again so soon, but that might have unfavorable results too. So, since the power on sensor is causing this, you might consider splitting the task into multiple Profiles where the Power on only turns on the Bluetooth, with some other Profiles configured using net Bluetooth connected and Bluetooth invert doing the rest maybe?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TRENDING IN THEMER...