Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any info on rooting via kingo?

OP Kontal

5th January 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
More
I know that there were some suspicions about sending personal information because of rooting phone via kingo app and theads were closed until all was clear . But I can't find if it was solved and if it is save now to use kingoapp. That's why I ask if anyone knows something more on this. Thanks !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Kontal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Klaipeda
Thanks Meter: 18

92 posts
More
Same here. What is the conclusion? Somebody should inform people.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,508

3,698 posts
Donate to Me
More
People are using it. There is no correspondance from them to XDA regarding any changes afaik, so until then, I doubt that it'll be back til XDA have Okayed it.
6th January 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 17

32 posts
There has been discussion on the verizon Note 3 forum and a reply from the Kingo guys.
After reading it I took the plunge and now have a rooted mj7 international note 3. Changed all my passwords etc as a precaution but so far so good. Just couldn't handle all the ad's anymore.
6th January 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 41

165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykedm

There has been discussion on the verizon Note 3 forum and a reply from the Kingo guys.
After reading it I took the plunge and now have a rooted mj7 international note 3. Changed all my passwords etc as a precaution but so far so good. Just couldn't handle all the ad's anymore.

after rooting your mj7 how is knox ??? 0x0 or 0x1 ??? thanks
6th January 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 445

1,235 posts
More
0x1

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
The Following User Says Thank You to Killberty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bayamón
Thanks Meter: 13

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
I rooted MJ5 with kingo. I did read rumors of kingo sending your IMEI to servers. Before I rooted I asked myself a couple of questions, what can people really do with my IMEI? Yeah sure, somebody can use it to activate a stolen phone. Why do I care? Can that blacklist my phone? As far as I know only the owner can blacklist a phone. Just like only the owner can get it off the blacklist.
So I didn't care and used it. It worked like a charm. I personally think all those malicious rumors were started by XDA developers, that were mad because they couldn't figure out how to do it themselves and the kingo developers wouldn't share how they did it.
I also read a thread were somebody posted the kingo terms and user agreement. The terms states, that no information will be sent anywhere. Now why would they violate their own terms and put themselves in a situation where they can get sued?

Sent from GNote 3 rooted with kingo.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread