5,599,337 Members 37,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any info on rooting via kingo?

Tip us?

Kontal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Any info on rooting via kingo?

I know that there were some suspicions about sending personal information because of rooting phone via kingo app and theads were closed until all was clear . But I can't find if it was solved and if it is save now to use kingoapp. That's why I ask if anyone knows something more on this. Thanks !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Kontal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akdenizx
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Same here. What is the conclusion? Somebody should inform people.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - N9005 LTE

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1215

DONATE TO ME
People are using it. There is no correspondance from them to XDA regarding any changes afaik, so until then, I doubt that it'll be back til XDA have Okayed it.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

spykedm
Old
Thanks Meter 17
There has been discussion on the verizon Note 3 forum and a reply from the Kingo guys.
After reading it I took the plunge and now have a rooted mj7 international note 3. Changed all my passwords etc as a precaution but so far so good. Just couldn't handle all the ad's anymore.

amosolidu
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykedm View Post
There has been discussion on the verizon Note 3 forum and a reply from the Kingo guys.
After reading it I took the plunge and now have a rooted mj7 international note 3. Changed all my passwords etc as a precaution but so far so good. Just couldn't handle all the ad's anymore.
after rooting your mj7 how is knox ??? 0x0 or 0x1 ??? thanks

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 381
0x1

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
The Following User Says Thank You to Killberty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Andronote3
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
I rooted MJ5 with kingo. I did read rumors of kingo sending your IMEI to servers. Before I rooted I asked myself a couple of questions, what can people really do with my IMEI? Yeah sure, somebody can use it to activate a stolen phone. Why do I care? Can that blacklist my phone? As far as I know only the owner can blacklist a phone. Just like only the owner can get it off the blacklist.
So I didn't care and used it. It worked like a charm. I personally think all those malicious rumors were started by XDA developers, that were mad because they couldn't figure out how to do it themselves and the kingo developers wouldn't share how they did it.
I also read a thread were somebody posted the kingo terms and user agreement. The terms states, that no information will be sent anywhere. Now why would they violate their own terms and put themselves in a situation where they can get sued?

Sent from GNote 3 rooted with kingo.
Rooted GNote3, Stock 4.3