Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Lost Root after flashing official omni rom

OP trainspoter

6th January 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I flashed the official 4.4 omni rom on my n7105 and all is well except my phone is no longer rooted. i tried rooting it again using oden and cf auto root that I used originally on the stock rom, but that didn't work. Do I need a root file specifically for android 4.4 or what?

An unrelated question, On the CWM recovery site, the files have an .iso extension. How do you flash these files?

Thanks!
6th January 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #2  
In the eye of the tornado
Thanks Meter: 87

359 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainspoter

I flashed the official 4.4 omni rom on my n7105 and all is well except my phone is no longer rooted. i tried rooting it again using oden and cf auto root that I used originally on the stock rom, but that didn't work. Do I need a root file specifically for android 4.4 or what?

An unrelated question, On the CWM recovery site, the files have an .iso extension. How do you flash these files?

Thanks!

Check again the omni thread. On the download section is that "updated superuser" thing. Download it and flash it in recovery. It's the superuser app from chainfire afaik.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sewrizer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewrizer

Check again the omni thread. On the download section is that "updated superuser" thing. Download it and flash it in recovery. It's the superuser app from chainfire afaik.

That's what the problem was

Many thanks!
8th January 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 913

4,168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainspoter

That's what the problem was

Many thanks!

Yes, people not searching/reading usually is the problem. You hit the nail right on the head with that one!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread