Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lost Root after flashing official omni rom

Tip us?

trainspoter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Lost Root after flashing official omni rom

I flashed the official 4.4 omni rom on my n7105 and all is well except my phone is no longer rooted. i tried rooting it again using oden and cf auto root that I used originally on the stock rom, but that didn't work. Do I need a root file specifically for android 4.4 or what?

An unrelated question, On the CWM recovery site, the files have an .iso extension. How do you flash these files?

Thanks!

Sewrizer
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainspoter View Post
I flashed the official 4.4 omni rom on my n7105 and all is well except my phone is no longer rooted. i tried rooting it again using oden and cf auto root that I used originally on the stock rom, but that didn't work. Do I need a root file specifically for android 4.4 or what?

An unrelated question, On the CWM recovery site, the files have an .iso extension. How do you flash these files?

Thanks!
Check again the omni thread. On the download section is that "updated superuser" thing. Download it and flash it in recovery. It's the superuser app from chainfire afaik.
Current android devices :
Samsung galaxy i9100p(rooted, using ReVoltROM[hybrid, cm10.1/aosp/pa])
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Tablet: Samsung P1000 (rooted, CM10.1)
Former:
HTC sensation XE (rooted and sold), LG P500 (rooted), iPhone 4(jailbroken), Samsung galaxy S3(rooted and sold)

Don't forget to hit if i helped
The Following User Says Thank You to Sewrizer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trainspoter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewrizer View Post
Check again the omni thread. On the download section is that "updated superuser" thing. Download it and flash it in recovery. It's the superuser app from chainfire afaik.
That's what the problem was

Many thanks!

TheATHEiST
Old
Thanks Meter 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainspoter View Post
That's what the problem was

Many thanks!
Yes, people not searching/reading usually is the problem. You hit the nail right on the head with that one!
Phone:
Galaxy Note II | CM11 (Unofficial)

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 > iPad3 > Nexus 7