Question [Q] The android "Encryption" mystery

OK lets hope i got this in to the right forum,

Ive search high and low and come to the conclusion that android in general sucks big balls when it comes to encryption your phone. In general somewhere after gingerbread android added some security by adding a device encryption in your Security setting that encrypts your phones (internal) storage and ROM partitions and thats great even if you have to enter your full 16-32 character encryption password/pin every time you unlock your phone, your phone is somewhat secure, that is if you dont use a SD card. All the info on the SD card is still totally open.

So to my mystery question: why is this Encryption option missing from so many ROMS?? is it only Samsung that cares about Encryption and gives many of its models full encryption...I really dont get it.

I have a Samsung galaxy s3 clone that has this Encryption and its great, i was just about to buy a really sweet Chinese phone with all the bells and whistles but it lacks the Encryption option like so many others famous and less famous brands....Why...why......why...

any thoughts, answers or are you just as flabbergasted as me??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	encryption.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	2501896  

Samsung Galaxy S3 Alpha LTE SC-03E
Proud owner of TMOUS HD2 running;
NexusHD2 ICS v2.8 / JB PACman_leo_v1.2a_div3
HyperDroid 2.3.7
ULTIMATE DROID 2.3.3
Before: HTC ARTEMIS, WINMO6k