XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.3 delay for Note 2

Tip us?

SKULLHEADHJ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Android 4.3 delay for Note 2

So I've been waiting for almost 4 months now to receive the upgrade in my OS from 4.1 to 4.3. I had a 3-4 week break from my mobile gem, because of a malfunction in the audio headphone jack. And now, when I have my device back, I'm still at the good old 4.1.
When is it going to come and why are the delays? As far as my memory allows me I remember at least one or two more delays of the same update... From October 2013 I have been thinking of rooting my phone, but every time I come to do it, I've always thought "Why not wait for the next update and see how it goes?", well not anymore. I'm rooting my phone ASAP, first thing in the morning. I was wondering if you guys can recommend me any exceptionally good rooting guides and "kits" If that's what they are called.

Since this is my first time on this forum I hope I left a good first time impression, since English is not my prime language.

TX_Jax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs down Don't be in a hurry for 4.3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLHEADHJ View Post
So I've been waiting for almost 4 months now to receive the upgrade in my OS from 4.1 to 4.3. I had a 3-4 week break from my mobile gem, because of a malfunction in the audio headphone jack. And now, when I have my device back, I'm still at the good old 4.1.
When is it going to come and why are the delays? As far as my memory allows me I remember at least one or two more delays of the same update... From October 2013 I have been thinking of rooting my phone, but every time I come to do it, I've always thought "Why not wait for the next update and see how it goes?", well not anymore. I'm rooting my phone ASAP, first thing in the morning. I was wondering if you guys can recommend me any exceptionally good rooting guides and "kits" If that's what they are called.

Since this is my first time on this forum I hope I left a good first time impression, since English is not my prime language.
Skullhead, I have a phone that was rooted, then updated to Verizon Over the Air Android 4.3. I lost root.

Thought it would be simple to re-root, but now the USB connection as a disk drive is not available.

cherrymanoj
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Go and update more latest KITKAT software

Avitohol
Old
Thanks Meter 11
It delays but it will come.
... and what about Note N7000 - the development was stopped at 4.1.2