Tip us?

danavon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Battery Drain in slimbean

Hello
I recently installed my first rom - SlimBean 4.3.1 bulid 2.2
The rom works fine but after 1 week i noticed my battery start to drain very quickly.
I check with GSam Battery Monitor and i found out that *kernel* eat most of my battery.
I want to change the kernel.
which kernel will save my battery in a better way?

My current kernel is: 3.0.80+

Dan

monkeydogger
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by danavon View Post
Hello
I recently installed my first rom - SlimBean 4.3.1 bulid 2.2
The rom works fine but after 1 week i noticed my battery start to drain very quickly.
I check with GSam Battery Monitor and i found out that *kernel* eat most of my battery.
I want to change the kernel.
which kernel will save my battery in a better way?

My current kernel is: 3.0.80+

Dan
Dan,

Can you give a little more information? Type of phone, which version of Android you upgraded from etc?

I can't say that I've encountered any battery drain issues with Slimbean in the past..... it's only ever helped things.

The only question I'd ask is did you follow the correct instructions when flashing? (deleting / formatting all of the cashes etc don't just do a factory reset). Your probably a very clever guy who did everything correctly - but it's the only thing I can think of.

I'd try re-flashing following the instructions on the slimbean website to the letter......

Hope this helps

MD
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydogger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shonilchi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydogger View Post
Dan,

Can you give a little more information? Type of phone, which version of Android you upgraded from etc?

I can't say that I've encountered any battery drain issues with Slimbean in the past..... it's only ever helped things.

The only question I'd ask is did you follow the correct instructions when flashing? (deleting / formatting all of the cashes etc don't just do a factory reset). Your probably a very clever guy who did everything correctly - but it's the only thing I can think of.

I'd try re-flashing following the instructions on the slimbean website to the letter......

Hope this helps

MD
So, does this mean, there is no option to use a custom kernel for Slimean 4.3 build 2.2? I am on i9300 on Slimean 4.3 build 2.2...

Twiq
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonilchi View Post
So, does this mean, there is no option to use a custom kernel for Slimean 4.3 build 2.2? I am on i9300 on Slimean 4.3 build 2.2...
He didn't say that. He was asking Dan did he correctly followed the installation procedures or not, because issues sometimes caused from previous rom installations leftovers (not properly wiped).

And to your question, custom kernels is just a matter of individual preference. You may install any kernel as long as they are compatible with slimroms.

Although any issues caused by other kernel shouldn't be discussed in slim threads. But if you're using stock slim kernel and having problems then you may report to the devs, but make sure that problems aren't listed on the OP's Known Issues, and also provide feedback support files such as logcats or screenshots so the devs could identify the problems right away 😊

SGS2 | CPU Group 5 running SlimKat / SlimSaber 4.4 powered by Dorimanx Test Builds
200Mhz: 800mV | 500Mhz: 875mV | 800Mhz: 975mV | 1000Mhz: 1025mV | 1200Mhz: 1150mV