5,594,805 Members 36,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I can't use my 3G network may i have assistance?

Tip us?

dannyglory
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I can't use my 3G network may i have assistance?

Hi guys, Merry Christmas to everyone, how are you?

I just bought recently unlocked AT&T made in Korea LG optimus G pro e980
The kernel is of AT&T because when i start the phone i see the logo of AT&T mobile.

I am on Walmart Family mobile plan they are OVN of T-Mobile. I am on unlimited text,data,talk plan, it is included 2 GB of 3G data.
The android version of the phone is 4.1.2, baseband version APQ8064,MDM9X15m Kernel 3.4.0, build number JZO54K,software version E98010k

My APN settings are as follows, i tried the one from FAQ of family mobile too, but i still couldn't have 3G coverage.
Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: 216.155.165.50
Port: 8080
Username: (leave this blank)
Password: (leave this blank)
Server: (leave this blank)
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50
MMS Port: 8080
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: (leave this blank)

On the top corner of the screen above the network coverage stays the letter "E" and the internet is real slow!
I've seen they are many AT&T brand applications are installed on the device like: at&t drive mode, at&t Locker, at&t Navigator e.t.c.
Please guys what you would suggest me, i have to root it with different kernel,baseband and newer android version to get the 3G coverage or what? I would be thankful if you answer me with links or step by step what i have to do, because i am newbie in this area, i have experience in desktop pc, laptops, some software and hardware knowledge, i am mint in rooting

StarkV5
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Post Try this!

Access hidden menu by typing 3845#*980# select in the WCDMA service menu-GSM/WCDMA band choose WCDMA. I'm not running stock ROM so I do not exactly know the step by step. Go to hidden menu and the rest you will figure out yourself.
Current Devices:
LG Optimus G Pro - E988, CM11, Philz touch, S-Off (Primary Device)
HTC One V - T320e, Custom Stock, Philz touch, S-Off (Secondary Device)
Apple iPad 4

dannyglory
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I found the settings WCDMA but i didn't find anywhere to activate on it, maybe the previous owner has installed wrong kernel. I think so first i have to make to factory reset then that option it will appear?

StarkV5
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyglory View Post
I found the settings WCDMA but i didn't find anywhere to activate on it, maybe the previous owner has installed wrong kernel. I think so first i have to make to factory reset then that option it will appear?
Just click on WCDMA from drop down list. As I mentioned I'm not on stock ROM. You can otherwise install cm11 or slimkat to do the trick
Current Devices:
LG Optimus G Pro - E988, CM11, Philz touch, S-Off (Primary Device)
HTC One V - T320e, Custom Stock, Philz touch, S-Off (Secondary Device)
Apple iPad 4

dannyglory
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried to install CM 11, but most of the pre-steps i have to follow, i need to root the device. It says first you must root your phone for ROM manager to function But i don't have idea how to root it, i will back and read in the forum how to root.

dannyglory
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default some new came out :)

I already rooted as following steps and everything was fine.
When i go to follow the the steps before install CM11 this one:
"Now go back to ROM Manager main screen and tap on Reboot into Recovery. Confirm your action and soon your Android device boot into ClockworkMod recovery non-touch version".

Then the phone being rebooted but before that it shows "unfortunately com.lge.hiddenmenu has stopped" after the reboot it shows the green android logo toy with red warning triangle sign.
What you think guys, do i need to make factory reset before all these tasks, or there is another solution?

olorin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
go to settings
more
mobile networks
and post a screenshot

edward340
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkV5 View Post
Access hidden menu by typing 3845#*980# select in the WCDMA service menu-GSM/WCDMA band choose WCDMA. I'm not running stock ROM so I do not exactly know the step by step. Go to hidden menu and the rest you will figure out yourself.
where do i need to type this???? i have the same problem

olorin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Dialer