XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ArmorSuit Military Shield screen protector and Bobj Rugged Case

Tip us?

samalama76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default ArmorSuit Military Shield screen protector and Bobj Rugged Case

I just installed this screen protector on my Tab 3 8.0, along with the black Bobj Rugged Case and wanted to share my initial review, as well as hear anyone's long term usage reports and thoughts on these 2 products.

First of all, the install of the ArmorSuit Military Shield screen protector was move involved than I had thought, but it came with all the needed items and good directions, and I feel good about the end result. Then when I put the Bobj case on I was pleasantly surprised about the fitment (tight) on the Tab3, and with added feel in the hands without adding too much bulk. The case is also plenty protective where it needs to be and doesn't encroach on the screen at all, and with the slimmer bezel on the Tab3 it is a welcomed feature. I could see where if one didn't have a screen protector installed, grit and grime could potentially find its way under the edge of the case and create rub marks on the screen itself. Another nice feature of the case is that it directs the sound from the bottom to towards the user and it definitely makes a big difference. Overall I am pleased with this combo!

I would love some input and reviews from people who have used these products for a longer period of time.

Thanks in advance.

FYI, the screen protector is made in the USA!

samalama76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I just wanted update this thread with my results so far.

First i want to say that this combo is working out very well for me. It offers superior gripping qualities, the fit has not loosened or deformed in any way. It has successfully protected my Gtab 3 8.0 from multiple drops, water, and filth. The type of material the case is made from is neat, to put it simply, and works really well. The main thing is using it in conjunction with the screen protector, because without it there would be a high potential for chafing of the screen over time. The case is very soft and does pick up a little lint, hairs and such but I've found that wiping it with a baby wipe or something similar cleans it well. Also, it can be taken off and put back on easily for cleaning and/or maintenance of any kind.
The screen protector is working out really well also. It really does self heal like it claims and if installed per instructions, settles in or cures very well.
Overall I am super happy with this combo, it doesn't have a built in stand or have multiple configurations but if you are on the go alot, use your Tab a ton, in pretty harsh environments and don't want the bulk other cases offer this may work for you very well indeed. I expect to be utilizing this setup for a while.

Thanks!

-sr

Sent from my SM-T310