5,600,571 Members 33,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has the Gear made your life easier or more complicated?

Tip us?

lilstevie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 997

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniwolf View Post
there is no difference with the gear. You have to dismiss notifications on the gear (which can be a bit annoying as you have to go through each app's notifications and dismiss), and they won't be dismissed on the phone, you have to dismiss it on the phone as well.
That isn't the case with my gear+note3, if I view a notification on the watch it dismisses it on device/marks email read, even works with third party apps like twitter

YoRiKiRo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknightavalon View Post
Since we're not allowed to use our cell phones at work, I'm able to covertly use the internet with this thing.

Sent from Spaceball One.
Ohhh im so doing this!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

maximus96
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie View Post
That isn't the case with my gear+note3, if I view a notification on the watch it dismisses it on device/marks email read, even works with third party apps like twitter

Does it work that way for you with Gmail? I'm also using gear and note 3 and the gear doesn't clear Gmail is whatsapp notifications

On null, when using wondershare, how do you download previously paid apps? After I sign in and try to download say Tasker, it will just tell me Tasker will be installed shortly. Eventually it does when the gear tries to use BT tether to download but no where near as fast as using wondershare/USB.

lilstevie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 997

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus96 View Post
Does it work that way for you with Gmail? I'm also using gear and note 3 and the gear doesn't clear Gmail is whatsapp notifications
I don't use whatsapp, and don't have notifications enabled on gmail, but it does for twitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus96 View Post
On null, when using wondershare, how do you download previously paid apps? After I sign in and try to download say Tasker, it will just tell me Tasker will be installed shortly. Eventually it does when the gear tries to use BT tether to download but no where near as fast as using wondershare/USB.
I use stock, and any apps I install I've sideloaded. I don't own many paid apps for android, and none of them are really applicable for the gear.

highlordkram
Old
Thanks Meter 26
The Gear made life more fun, and to answer the question, less complicated. Notifications, phone calls, MX Player for movies, Apollo for music, and ChatOn are all great for me at work and on the go. The app store needs Lots of work, but once they release to the developers we will see even more fun and useful apps by Summer hopefully. The fun now is that many people in all different walks of life seem to know about it and ask questions, stating "I want to get that!". I think only us Tech nerds really read all the bad reviews it got at first, and i think if it was honestly reviewed now, it would do much better. I find it crazy that people say the Pebble is better.

aznmode
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Made my life easier. When I go to the gym I don't have to take out my huge (wait for it....) note 3 just to skip track on Pandora. Or view text or who's calling me when I'm at the movies. Could be important. Having a preset reply "at the movies, get back to you later" is great. When I'm out at a bar or club a lot of times I can't feel or hear my phone so feeling the gear vibrate is awesome. Before I would constantly check my phone to make sure I didn't miss an important call or text. Not having to unlock my phone via pattern when the gear is near it and find my phone feature are time savers. I love this thing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Don't forget to give thanks if I've helped you in anyway...

ben503
Old
Thanks Meter 21
It would make my life easier if it work fully with my n5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

JasW
Old
Thanks Meter 16
It's really done neither for me. Since I've been unable to get BT tethering happening with my AT&T Note 2, it's basically a fairly limited and relatively expensive plaything. Not useless to the extent I would return it, but not everything I hoped it would be due to no Internet tethering (yet, fingers crossed).

The only real complication it has added is the additional notification. It's probably the worst at home -- I'll get four notifications for a single email, i.e., from my phone, the GG, my Nexus 10, and the computer. It can be quite a cacophony.