[Q] Try the path deal again on a real keyboard... :)

OP Cal-123

7th January 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

116 posts
I attempted to type this question on my TF101 (on screen keyboard) and it may not have come out so good, so...

What I was trying to convey was: Goo Manager gives me this default download path for any download:

"/storage/emulated/0/goomanager/" (no quotes).

What I would like to have is have it point to my external mini SDCard in the main tablet only (no keyboard attached). I see the path in my mind as this: "/storage/sdcard1/"xxx.folder"" (no quotes)...but, if I put it that way - it is always rejected by the Goo app as 'not a proper path'. For the life of me (a total N00B on these tablet things) I can't seem to make it 'do'.

Someone out there know what I should put...I can't seem to find it by a search and this has got me stumped!

Many, many thanks, and remember "we were all n00bs at some point!)

Cal

PS: Using Tim's Rom 4.3.1 if that matters - of course I'm rooted.
7th January 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

116 posts
All these reads and none of you non-n00bs have a guess?
8th January 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 47

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-123

All these reads and none of you non-n00bs have a guess?

Try storage/sdcard1/goomanager
8th January 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theziggy

Try storage/sdcard1/goomanager

I must be a superior idiot n00b with tablets. When you suggested this - I looked down at the 'history files' that I had copied over to /sdcard1/ and there was a path already there down the line in Goo.im (manager) - namely: /storage/sdcard1/ which I overlooked. Hell, it will work with no destination folder, or it will form one for you if you do as your example "/goomanager" - but not like Windows an 'asks', but just goes ahead an makes a folder as Linux will. Exp: /storage/sdcard1/ Just dumps the file into the open sdcard1, with no folder. (Don't ask me why it refused my path before...(I think it's because I wasn't erasing all of the previous one) - who knows...

Thanks very much 'Ziggy'...this old dog was asleep on the porch and the rabbit was running under his nose.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread