5,594,700 Members 33,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Try the path deal again on a real keyboard... :)

Tip us?

Cal-123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Try the path deal again on a real keyboard... :)

I attempted to type this question on my TF101 (on screen keyboard) and it may not have come out so good, so...

What I was trying to convey was: Goo Manager gives me this default download path for any download:

"/storage/emulated/0/goomanager/" (no quotes).

What I would like to have is have it point to my external mini SDCard in the main tablet only (no keyboard attached). I see the path in my mind as this: "/storage/sdcard1/"xxx.folder"" (no quotes)...but, if I put it that way - it is always rejected by the Goo app as 'not a proper path'. For the life of me (a total N00B on these tablet things) I can't seem to make it 'do'.

Someone out there know what I should put...I can't seem to find it by a search and this has got me stumped!

Many, many thanks, and remember "we were all n00bs at some point!)

Cal

PS: Using Tim's Rom 4.3.1 if that matters - of course I'm rooted.

Cal-123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
All these reads and none of you non-n00bs have a guess?

Theziggy
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-123 View Post
All these reads and none of you non-n00bs have a guess?
Try storage/sdcard1/goomanager
Ziggy

2 Transformer TF101 Family running KatKiss KitKat (KKKK) 4.4.2 v19 and 4.4.2 v22
TWRP - 2.6.3.0-3
HTC Desire Bravo running CM7 - HTC Desire S rooted via HTC method running stock 4.0
(plus Palm Zire 72 and Palm Treo 650 still working!!! Zire's battery is on last legs though )

Cal-123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theziggy View Post
Try storage/sdcard1/goomanager
I must be a superior idiot n00b with tablets. When you suggested this - I looked down at the 'history files' that I had copied over to /sdcard1/ and there was a path already there down the line in Goo.im (manager) - namely: /storage/sdcard1/ which I overlooked. Hell, it will work with no destination folder, or it will form one for you if you do as your example "/goomanager" - but not like Windows an 'asks', but just goes ahead an makes a folder as Linux will. Exp: /storage/sdcard1/ Just dumps the file into the open sdcard1, with no folder. (Don't ask me why it refused my path before...(I think it's because I wasn't erasing all of the previous one) - who knows...

Thanks very much 'Ziggy'...this old dog was asleep on the porch and the rabbit was running under his nose.