Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 49,768 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Issues With the New Software

Tip us?

horsetastic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 744

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] My Issues With the New Software

Hey all, I've been away a while simply enjoying (or trying to enjoy) my 'One'. I finally decided after trying almost every single ROM going, converting my phone to GPE then back again and even building my own ROM based on my carrier software that I would actually be happy enough to simply run my Stock, branded H3G software. Mostly due to getting poor signal with anything else..... I had upgraded to 3.62.771.3 and was enjoying most of the upgrades perks however there was something really bugging me from the off...... For whatever reason HTC decided that we no longer wanted or needed the old Video Highlight Themes which came with the older software. They completely removed them and added some new, worse themes! I get the new added functionality of adding your own music but I just can't get past the removal of something that was good!

Basically to cut a long story short I have now re-installed a 4.2.2 Maximus ROM to get the old themes that I loved to use and one of my main reasons for enjoying the phone..... My question is has anyone else been as annoyed by this? Has anyone found a workaround? And does anyone know if the themes are set to return in the impending update to KitKat?? Thanks

a.k.a "jameslsmith", a.k.a "The War Horse"...... a.k.a "Zeus" <-----OK not really, but I am god-like!

If you've got nothing good to say....go talk to a tree!

Running InsertCoin (as it seems the best so far for H3G UK) or Something I Cooked Up Myself...... Life is GOOOOD!

PRE-S-OFF GUIDES

S-OFF HELP THREAD

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE HERE

Design Wizard

Remember to Click the Thanks Button

horsetastic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 744

DONATE TO ME
Come on, really no-one else is bugged by this???

a.k.a "jameslsmith", a.k.a "The War Horse"...... a.k.a "Zeus" <-----OK not really, but I am god-like!

If you've got nothing good to say....go talk to a tree!

Running InsertCoin (as it seems the best so far for H3G UK) or Something I Cooked Up Myself...... Life is GOOOOD!

PRE-S-OFF GUIDES

S-OFF HELP THREAD

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE HERE

Design Wizard

Remember to Click the Thanks Button