Charging Problems + Blank Folders

OP MikeRocGuy

7th January 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey All, So I have a nook HD+ and I used e.mote's guide (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317500) to root and get jelly bean installed on the nook. One peculiar side effect I have noticed is that when I plug it into the computer to charge, I get a notification saying it's been seen as a media device but the battery indicator says it is NOT charging. The Amber light does come on though and the % does slowly increase. Second issue is I'm running xp and I see the nook listed as "My Nook", it comes up under scanners and cameras though, I believe because it's using MTP and XP isn't familiar with it. Though I did make sure media player is updated to 11. As a side note, when I go to explore the nook, all the folders show up without names. If i go into them I can see the name in the pathing but not on the folder itself, making me hop in and out to find the names. Any one had any similar experiences or insight to share? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Mike
7th January 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,660

8,347 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRocGuy

Hey All, So I have a nook HD+ and I used e.mote's guide (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317500) to root and get jelly bean installed on the nook. One peculiar side effect I have noticed is that when I plug it into the computer to charge, I get a notification saying it's been seen as a media device but the battery indicator says it is NOT charging. The Amber light does come on though and the % does slowly increase. Second issue is I'm running xp and I see the nook listed as "My Nook", it comes up under scanners and cameras though, I believe because it's using MTP and XP isn't familiar with it. Though I did make sure media player is updated to 11. As a side note, when I go to explore the nook, all the folders show up without names. If i go into them I can see the name in the pathing but not on the folder itself, making me hop in and out to find the names. Any one had any similar experiences or insight to share? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Mike

All that is normal. The computer just charges it slowly. You must use the charging block to charge quickly. And the My Nook is how MTP works. It thinks it is a media player. Not sure what file manager you are using to answer about blank folder names. Try Root Browser Lite free on Play Store.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
8th January 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #3  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 42

256 posts
More
Does nook charges from computer on CM? As it wasn't on stock.
8th January 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,660

8,347 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakurato

Does nook charges from computer on CM? As it wasn't on stock.

Yes, it charges, but very slowly. It may not show the charge indicator, but it charges.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread