5,711,483 Members 46,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Huge Mistake!

Tip us?

billard412
Old
(Last edited by billard412; 8th January 2014 at 07:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf9280 View Post
when i run casual it says "phone not rooted, root your phoen with any vraljb rom"

going to work on it some more tonight and see what happens.

for some reason every tar file i try to instal fails except for the

root66_VZW_stock_system.tar file.
you accidentally installed a Verizon rom. You however DID NOT install a Verizon bootloader. Odin would not allow it. Thank God casual failed otherwise you'd be hard bricked. Ensure you have a custom recovery. Then wipe and flash my mc2 zip from here and you'll be straight again.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2086769
The Following User Says Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ecs87
Old
(Last edited by ecs87; 8th January 2014 at 11:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 255
Are you sure? Someone brought in a soft bricked R950 (I know...different model but as long as it's not on 4.3 I doubt it'd matter for this situation) with ALL VZW firmware on it. Bootloader and all. I had to run CASUAL to unlock the bootloader to accept the R950 USCC firmware. Without CASUAL it kept failing in Odin (to preserve the VZW Note II firmware).

Guess I shouldve done more digging to see exactly what the OP did before pointing straight to a locked bootloader. I'm pretty sure that's the case though...I don't see any other reason for a MD5 tarball to fail. I don't think that particular VZW firmware build has secureboot.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!
If I or others have helped you out, don't forget to hit the Thanks button for us!