No registration required

Does N7 have a flash counter?

OP ngyurov

8th January 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 5

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unubtanium

Just to clarify on thing here: The Nexus 7 LTE ca NOT make phone calls, no mater what rom you put on it as it does not have the hardware to do it. This is all part of keeping the price of the device down.. But hey. I Use SIP App all day long with NO problem to use it to call with!! I dont get why everyone HAVE to call with the GSM network when SIP is just as easy and cheaper.

I have seen many posts with attempts to enable voice but nothing about lack of hardware. I have returned mine now anyway.

Unless you have money to throw away the 3G/LTE version does not make much sense if it cannot make and receive phone calls.

The reason why people want to make ordinary phonecalls and SMS is because (a) they already have mobile phone plans giving them free minutes and texts and internet (b) they have a phone number which other people can ring (c) they have a phone number which they want to appear on the other side for outgoing calls (d) relying on wi-fi to make phone calls means you have to be near a wi-fi station - not very practical (e) why pay extra cash to buy another SIM + plan just for internet data on the Nexus when already your phone's SIM gives you as much data as you can use (f) when you are abroad many times the internet is problematic but there is almost always 2G reception

A possible use for the Nexus would be to buy the much cheaper wi-fi version, and tether it to your phone when you are outdoors. Unfortunately this really kills the phone's battery and you have to suffer the inconvenience of carrying two separate devices.

I am confident that within the next few months we will see phones with 7" or more. Currently the biggest is the Galaxy Mega at 6.3" I think, and may be some Chinese makes at about 6".
8th January 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #22  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 55

361 posts
More
@Zilliman Have a look at this thread: http://productforums.google.com/foru...0/gtXX36d0NeMJ
This is where I got that it lacks the hardware. And all your points A,B,C,D,E,F are all nice and valid. I guess it is just down to preferences for what we like.
8th January 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46

271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilliman

Or it may mean they did not perform a thorough test to find out, every shop and every assistant are different.

When a full refund is involved, not just a replacement, they pay a lot of attention, trust me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread