Thread Closed

ATT Warranty Inspection, After Glass Replacement....

OP Get_Out_and_Push

7th January 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

66 posts
So, I've got an s4 (still under manufacturers warranty) that I dropped and cracked the screen. Replaced the front glass perfectly, works fine now. However I'd rather not have a phone I tore apart so I was curious on how stringent ATT is on the phones coming back to them under warranty.
How thoroughly do they check the phone when they get it in their hands at the warehouse?
7th January 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Islandia, NY
Thanks Meter: 148

1,030 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've sent a completely different color phone ( that I personally painted a color they didn't ever offer) along with two new moisture stickers and they never said a word...hahaha

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
7th January 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 118

564 posts
More
I was thinking of replacing my screen as well.. was it an easy process? Do you recommend any videos/tools to use?
7th January 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekunit690

I've sent a completely different color phone ( that I personally painted a color they didn't ever offer) along with two new moisture stickers and they never said a word...hahaha

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

That makes me feel a little bit better. But I'm not sure if you're talking about a phone under the additional warranty against physical damage or one under the manufacturers warranty against phone defects. I'm trying to get mine replaced under the phone defect warranty by saying the screen no longer functions properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBayTom

I was thinking of replacing my screen as well.. was it an easy process? Do you recommend any videos/tools to use?

It was tedious to say the least. And you'll never get the phone to work as well as when it's new from the factory, even if you try and use the LOCA UV bonded glue. It's just not going to be the same as the original bonding.
The Following User Says Thank You to Get_Out_and_Push For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #5  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 641

518 posts
More
I've done the screen before, it just plan sucks. The plastic is very brittle around the lcd.and it will break most of the time. If you need a screen and your on mdl, buy one that is original and assembled. If your on mf3 or above just pay the $200 deductible and be done, because a original screen is $200 anyways. If you want to try the loca glue route I will advise you not to. The heat gun, temp gun,uv light, will almost cost as much as a good screen, or replacement phone from assurion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
8th January 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Houma, LA
Thanks Meter: 2,394

4,464 posts
Donate to Me
More
Instead of committing insurance fraud (not allowed on XDA) you could sell the device you admit works properly and use the money to buy a new one, or you can suck it up and use your flipping phone that works perfectly fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graydiggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 8,056

3,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
XDA doesnt tolerate threads promoting, or discussing ways to commit fraud.

Thread closed.

The Following User Says Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread