Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,862 Members 44,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]

Tip us?

kyriakos12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]

Hi,

I bought a new Galaxy S4 and on the first boot it did not require me to select language, date etc and was as if it was preset up. Once i got in to the menu i have noticed that is was in French (I bought it from Cyprus so that is not normal) and include 2 additional games tetris and worms. As far as i know these two games do not come with the device.

The explanation that i got from the seller is that since the device was intended for the French market it is preset in French with the games and it is new.

I have contacted Samsung Uk and they stated that no new phone is preset up and most probably is second hand.

Does anyone know anything about this or have any similar cases? Do phones in France come preset up?

Regards
Kyriakos

theunderling
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
Of course someone else has used it before you.Was the labels on the box in tact, as they are meant to be unbroken.
The Following User Says Thank You to theunderling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kyriakos12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderling View Post
Of course someone else has used it before you.Was the labels on the box in tact, as they are meant to be unbroken.
The labels were in place and unbroken as they should be

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
Well clearly someone has messed with that phone before you bought it. I mean, Samsung pretty much confirmed same to you. What more do you want ?
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theunderling
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
French/Cyprus/UK.Looks like an international incident.......

I suppose the labels can be copied, or the seller buys them cheap as customer returns ftom Samsung or something.

Were you standing next to the seller, is he a crook?????

Hes definitely telling porkies anyhow.