Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] MB860/Atrix 4G

OP winston61

8th January 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I have attempted 3 time to root my atrix 4g/mb860. These were paid attempts, I did not do the work myself. All three attempts failed. I am not asking for a diagnosis of the problem, just this: Are there android phones that cannot be rooted? If that is the case I will stop trying and spending my money for nothing. Thanks to all.
8th January 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 763
 
2,006 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston61

I have attempted 3 time to root my atrix 4g/mb860. These were paid attempts, I did not do the work myself. All three attempts failed. I am not asking for a diagnosis of the problem, just this: Are there android phones that cannot be rooted? If that is the case I will stop trying and spending my money for nothing. Thanks to all.

Why the heck are you paying to get your device rooted? you don't pay for root. you use the preinstall method. come back to xda when you actually know what you're talking about.

Close thread.
8th January 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 229
 
453 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston61

I have attempted 3 time to root my atrix 4g/mb860. These were paid attempts, I did not do the work myself. All three attempts failed. I am not asking for a diagnosis of the problem, just this: Are there android phones that cannot be rooted? If that is the case I will stop trying and spending my money for nothing. Thanks to all.

Yes, you can root it.
8th January 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #4  
not.a.troll's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
@palmbeach05 There are people who pay for root because they are afraid to do it themselves or just prefer to leave it in the hands of more knowledgeable people. No need to bash on the guy and instead of asking for the thread to be closed you could try to point him in the right direction.
@winston61 There are phones that can't be rooted because no exploit has been found yet but that's usually only an issue with newer versions of the Android OS which the Atrix doesn't have. There are some methods in the development section which are very detailed and you can try yourself.

Enviado desde mi MB855
8th January 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thumbs down thanks
well, I guess I can always count on someone being a dick, and I guess today it's you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

Why the heck are you paying to get your device rooted? you don't pay for root. you use the preinstall method. come back to xda when you actually know what you're talking about.

Close thread.

8th January 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #6  
ravilov's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,330
 
2,175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by not.a.troll

There are people who pay for root because they are afraid to do it themselves or just prefer to leave it in the hands of more knowledgeable people. No need to bash on the guy and instead of asking for the thread to be closed you could try to point him in the right direction.

True, but you also have to put it in perspective. XDA is a highly technical forum that is used by highly technically skilled people, so I'm sure to a lot of them the idea of paying someone to root your phone is as ridiculous as wanting to pay someone to start your car for you. It's just too trivial, so spending money on something like that seems more like wasting money.

@OP, a little piece of advice - if you're going to spend money, and unless you happen to have tons of it to waste, you could at least try to find people that know what they're doing. Like I said, rooting the Atrix is very simple and straightforward, and I really can't imagine what were those people doing if they managed to fail, even with the financial incentive.

Also, questions always go to Q&A, not General.


EDIT: Yay 2Kth post! :woo:
Last edited by ravilov; 8th January 2014 at 08:22 PM.
8th January 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thumbs up thanks
thanks for your civil reply. I will seek help elsewhere.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ravilov

True, but you also have to put it in perspective. XDA is a highly technical forum that is used by highly technically skilled people, so I'm sure to a lot of them the idea of paying someone to root your phone is as ridiculous as wanting to pay someone to start your car for you. It's just too trivial, so spending money on something like that seems more like wasting money.

@OP, a little piece of advice - if you're going to spend money, and unless you happen to have tons of it to waste, you could at least try to find people that know what they're doing. Like I said, rooting the Atrix is very simple and straightforward, and I really can't imagine what were those people doing if they managed to fail, even with the financial incentive.

Also, questions always go to Q&A, not General.


EDIT: Yay 2Kth post! :woo:


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes