Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MB860/Atrix 4G

Tip us?

winston61
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] MB860/Atrix 4G

I have attempted 3 time to root my atrix 4g/mb860. These were paid attempts, I did not do the work myself. All three attempts failed. I am not asking for a diagnosis of the problem, just this: Are there android phones that cannot be rooted? If that is the case I will stop trying and spending my money for nothing. Thanks to all.

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston61 View Post
I have attempted 3 time to root my atrix 4g/mb860. These were paid attempts, I did not do the work myself. All three attempts failed. I am not asking for a diagnosis of the problem, just this: Are there android phones that cannot be rooted? If that is the case I will stop trying and spending my money for nothing. Thanks to all.
Why the heck are you paying to get your device rooted? you don't pay for root. you use the preinstall method. come back to xda when you actually know what you're talking about.

Close thread.

Feche
Old
Thanks Meter 221

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston61 View Post
Yes, you can root it.

not.a.troll
Old
Thanks Meter 10
@palmbeach05 There are people who pay for root because they are afraid to do it themselves or just prefer to leave it in the hands of more knowledgeable people. No need to bash on the guy and instead of asking for the thread to be closed you could try to point him in the right direction.
@winston61 There are phones that can't be rooted because no exploit has been found yet but that's usually only an issue with newer versions of the Android OS which the Atrix doesn't have. There are some methods in the development section which are very detailed and you can try yourself.

Enviado desde mi MB855

winston61
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down thanks

well, I guess I can always count on someone being a dick, and I guess today it's you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
Why the heck are you paying to get your device rooted? you don't pay for root. you use the preinstall method. come back to xda when you actually know what you're talking about.

Close thread.

ravilov
Old
(Last edited by ravilov; 8th January 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by not.a.troll View Post
There are people who pay for root because they are afraid to do it themselves or just prefer to leave it in the hands of more knowledgeable people. No need to bash on the guy and instead of asking for the thread to be closed you could try to point him in the right direction.
True, but you also have to put it in perspective. XDA is a highly technical forum that is used by highly technically skilled people, so I'm sure to a lot of them the idea of paying someone to root your phone is as ridiculous as wanting to pay someone to start your car for you. It's just too trivial, so spending money on something like that seems more like wasting money.

@OP, a little piece of advice - if you're going to spend money, and unless you happen to have tons of it to waste, you could at least try to find people that know what they're doing. Like I said, rooting the Atrix is very simple and straightforward, and I really can't imagine what were those people doing if they managed to fail, even with the financial incentive.

Also, questions always go to Q&A, not General.

EDIT: Yay 2Kth post! :woo:

winston61
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up thanks

thanks for your civil reply. I will seek help elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravilov View Post
True, but you also have to put it in perspective. XDA is a highly technical forum that is used by highly technically skilled people, so I'm sure to a lot of them the idea of paying someone to root your phone is as ridiculous as wanting to pay someone to start your car for you. It's just too trivial, so spending money on something like that seems more like wasting money.

@OP, a little piece of advice - if you're going to spend money, and unless you happen to have tons of it to waste, you could at least try to find people that know what they're doing. Like I said, rooting the Atrix is very simple and straightforward, and I really can't imagine what were those people doing if they managed to fail, even with the financial incentive.

Also, questions always go to Q&A, not General.

EDIT: Yay 2Kth post! :woo: