5,598,938 Members 30,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft Bricked My Phone

Tip us?
 
lovecustomroms
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Info 2 Soft Bricked My Phone

Hi all as the title suggests i have soft bricked my UK Samsung S4. i tried to install the google addition official stock rom and now it
is stuck on the logo screen stupidly i didn't create a back up (which i really regret now i should not of let my excitement get to me)
i can access recovery but do not understand why this failed?

Steps i Followed:

1.Installed teamwin recovery
2. Wiped my phones partitions
3. Transferred the official file I9505_-_Official_Google_Edition_4.4.2_by_Jamal2367_Final-R2 to my Sd card
4. Clicked install
5. Phone says installed successful reboots
 
Repulsa
Old
#2  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1463
Posts: 1,625
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecustomroms View Post
Hi all as the title suggests i have soft bricked my UK Samsung S4. i tried to install the google addition official stock rom and now it
is stuck on the logo screen stupidly i didn't create a back up (which i really regret now i should not of let my excitement get to me)
i can access recovery but do not understand why this failed?

Steps i Followed:

1.Installed teamwin recovery
2. Wiped my phones partitions
3. Transferred the official file I9505_-_Official_Google_Edition_4.4.2_by_Jamal2367_Final-R2 to my Sd card
4. Clicked install
5. Phone says installed successful reboots
Here you go mate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477 Have a nice day.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.



If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lovecustomroms
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Thanks this will help so much. Can you see anything i did wrong?
 
Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 8th January 2014 at 06:32 PM.)
#4  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1463
Posts: 1,625
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecustomroms View Post
Thanks this will help so much. Can you see anything i did wrong?
Everything seems okey but maybe you should do a full wipe (Totally wipe)before flashing jamal rom mate? maybe thats why its stuck on boot. or you can use this Super Wipe to do the job for you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2379104


EDIT:
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.



If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
 
lovecustomroms
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Did you even full wipe (Totally wipe)before flashing jamal rom mate? maybe thats why its stuck on boot. or you can use this Super Wipe to do the job for you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2379104
Yes i cleared all partitions and caches. An on top of that i did a factory wipe. I will try this supe wipe to see if it makes a difference
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes