XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SquareTrade and NegriCare

Tip us?

marshwc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default SquareTrade and NegriCare

I just received an LTE version (SM-P605) and I am looking into the different protection warranties available. I have seen many mentions of SquareTrade (and it's even available from Amazon), but I haven't seen any mention of NegriCare (sold from Negri Electronics).

I'm looking at the accidental coverage, so it would cover drops, etc.

The NegriCare is a little less expensive, but has a $50 deductible. Does anyone actually have any experience with either?

Thanks in advance...

midas69
Old
Thanks Meter 68
If you do use Square Trade, definitely get it from Amazon, the prices are much better. ST discount codes can be found easily but the Amazon pricing is still better.

Itchiee
Old
Thanks Meter 212
I have the Square trade warranty but can't tell you how good or bad it is since I haven't used it.
Send me a private message if you need a discount code.
(This space for rent)
The Following User Says Thank You to Itchiee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3778
I've had two devices totaled and SquareTrade paid each claim within a week. NegriCare is just a white-label product offered through them but underwritten by a third party. Having insurance is only worthwhile if your claim is handled quickly and satisfactorily. That's definitely the case for me and those I know who've dealt with ST but a question mark for whoever Negri's using. Look at the T&C on Negri's site where they offer NegriCare and you should be able to fine the name of the company underwriting the insurance. Check the AM Best site to see their size, rating, and time in business.

P.S. - Never file a claim online with ST. You'll get some sketchy robo-generated answers that can elongate the process. Always file the claim with a human.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marshwc
Old
(Last edited by marshwc; 7th January 2014 at 05:59 AM.) Reason: spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
I've had two devices totaled and SquareTrade paid each claim within a week. NegriCare is just a white-label product offered through them but underwritten by a third party. Having insurance is only worthwhile if your claim is handled quickly and satisfactorily. That's definitely the case for me and those I know who've dealt with ST but a question mark for whoever Negri's using. Look at the T&C on Negri's site where they offer NegriCare and you should be able to fine the name of the company underwriting the insurance. Check the AM Best site to see their size, rating, and time in business.

P.S. - Never file a claim online with ST. You'll get some sketchy robo-generated answers that can elongate the process. Always file the claim with a human.
Thanks for the great info.

NegriCare is serviced through Mack Warranty

harrychimp
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I recently had a tablet under warranty with SquareTrade that ended up getting damaged.
I filed the claim online which was rather simple and straightforward. Within a few hours, I received an email stating the claim was received and a 2nd day shipping label was attached. Sent the tablet that night and within a week, the claim was approved for reimbursement of the purchase price of the tablet. I elected to get my funds sent via Paypay (rather than a hard check), and the monies were in my account in a couple days after claim approval. In total, the process from filing claim to having money in Paypal account took a bit under 2 weeks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harrychimp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alynch75
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Ensquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrychimp View Post
I recently had a tablet under warranty with SquareTrade that ended up getting damaged.
I filed the claim online which was rather simple and straightforward. Within a few hours, I received an email stating the claim was received and a 2nd day shipping label was attached. Sent the tablet that night and within a week, the claim was approved for reimbursement of the purchase price of the tablet. I elected to get my funds sent via Paypay (rather than a hard check), and the monies were in my account in a couple days after claim approval. In total, the process from filing claim to having money in Paypal account took a bit under 2 weeks.
I use Ensquared to insure my devices. The good thing is they cover international devices. I made 2 claims on my Galaxy Note 1 and they sent my replacements within 3 days. I have been lucky to get brand new devices each time. They get thier replacement direclty from the manufacture and at times they get them from Negri. they ship them to you overnight at no additioanl charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to alynch75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Houndx
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshwc View Post
Thanks for the great info.

NegriCare is serviced through Mack Warranty
I had a Mack warranty on my old DLP TV that included bulb replacement and had a very pleasant experience with them when I needed a new bulb.