Post Reply

SquareTrade and NegriCare

OP marshwc

6th January 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 5
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
I just received an LTE version (SM-P605) and I am looking into the different protection warranties available. I have seen many mentions of SquareTrade (and it's even available from Amazon), but I haven't seen any mention of NegriCare (sold from Negri Electronics).

I'm looking at the accidental coverage, so it would cover drops, etc.

The NegriCare is a little less expensive, but has a $50 deductible. Does anyone actually have any experience with either?

Thanks in advance...
6th January 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
248 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
If you do use Square Trade, definitely get it from Amazon, the prices are much better. ST discount codes can be found easily but the Amazon pricing is still better.
6th January 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere Else
Thanks Meter: 287
 
908 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
I have the Square trade warranty but can't tell you how good or bad it is since I haven't used it.
Send me a private message if you need a discount code.
The Following User Says Thank You to Itchiee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #4  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,279
 
8,817 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
I've had two devices totaled and SquareTrade paid each claim within a week. NegriCare is just a white-label product offered through them but underwritten by a third party. Having insurance is only worthwhile if your claim is handled quickly and satisfactorily. That's definitely the case for me and those I know who've dealt with ST but a question mark for whoever Negri's using. Look at the T&C on Negri's site where they offer NegriCare and you should be able to fine the name of the company underwriting the insurance. Check the AM Best site to see their size, rating, and time in business.

P.S. - Never file a claim online with ST. You'll get some sketchy robo-generated answers that can elongate the process. Always file the claim with a human.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 5
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

I've had two devices totaled and SquareTrade paid each claim within a week. NegriCare is just a white-label product offered through them but underwritten by a third party. Having insurance is only worthwhile if your claim is handled quickly and satisfactorily. That's definitely the case for me and those I know who've dealt with ST but a question mark for whoever Negri's using. Look at the T&C on Negri's site where they offer NegriCare and you should be able to fine the name of the company underwriting the insurance. Check the AM Best site to see their size, rating, and time in business.

P.S. - Never file a claim online with ST. You'll get some sketchy robo-generated answers that can elongate the process. Always file the claim with a human.

Thanks for the great info.

NegriCare is serviced through Mack Warranty
Last edited by marshwc; 7th January 2014 at 05:59 AM. Reason: spelling
7th January 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 23
 
132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
I recently had a tablet under warranty with SquareTrade that ended up getting damaged.
I filed the claim online which was rather simple and straightforward. Within a few hours, I received an email stating the claim was received and a 2nd day shipping label was attached. Sent the tablet that night and within a week, the claim was approved for reimbursement of the purchase price of the tablet. I elected to get my funds sent via Paypay (rather than a hard check), and the monies were in my account in a couple days after claim approval. In total, the process from filing claim to having money in Paypal account took a bit under 2 weeks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harrychimp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
Ensquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrychimp

I recently had a tablet under warranty with SquareTrade that ended up getting damaged.
I filed the claim online which was rather simple and straightforward. Within a few hours, I received an email stating the claim was received and a 2nd day shipping label was attached. Sent the tablet that night and within a week, the claim was approved for reimbursement of the purchase price of the tablet. I elected to get my funds sent via Paypay (rather than a hard check), and the monies were in my account in a couple days after claim approval. In total, the process from filing claim to having money in Paypal account took a bit under 2 weeks.

I use Ensquared to insure my devices. The good thing is they cover international devices. I made 2 claims on my Galaxy Note 1 and they sent my replacements within 3 days. I have been lucky to get brand new devices each time. They get thier replacement direclty from the manufacture and at times they get them from Negri. they ship them to you overnight at no additioanl charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to alynch75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshwc

Thanks for the great info.

NegriCare is serviced through Mack Warranty

I had a Mack warranty on my old DLP TV that included bulb replacement and had a very pleasant experience with them when I needed a new bulb.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) General by ThreadRank