Ask a question

No registration required

Having issues with 64 gig sd card

OP Alexialwolf

5th January 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I recently got this new SD card from ebay, it works great when im not using it no problems but when i try to move a file over to it it will constantly unmount itself how can i stop this?
5th January 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Anyone?
5th January 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
What phone do you have? What is the size of file you are trying to move? Ebay is a dodgy place to buy SD cards as there are a lot of fakes ones out there! Usually hacked to give a false capacity and very low quality components used in manufacture with to-good-to-be-true prices. This could be what is causing the issue. I would recommend paying the extra for an SD card from a reputable retailer or a bit of hunting on Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 7: Pimp Edition.
6th January 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Galaxy Note 3 it only unmount when transferring files I can not reformat card to anything but exfat
8th January 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexialwolf

Galaxy Note 3 it only unmount when transferring files I can not reformat card to anything but exfat

Apparently after contacting the sepler the card is base dos-fat every time I try reformating to nfts it freezes the only other option is exfat which it finishs quickly but dosent change the random unmounting when transfering files.
The movies I have been able to get on there play without issue so only problem is when transferring files
8th January 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
Exfat is still a bit of an 'iffy' format when it comes to Android devices, I would suggest formatting the card to fat32. Windows cannot natively format anything over 32gb to fat32 so I would recommend following the tutorial here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2041679 I have used the software in the tutorial before and it's very good. If that doesn't work then I would say more than likely it's a problem with the card.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread