Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 37,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Managing memory

Tip us?
 
ManilaBeans
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Managing memory

Hi,

Can anybody give me some tips on how to maximize the memory available to this tablet? There's only about 4GB of available memory for apps. I have a 32GB sdcard but that's not a lot of help because Link2SD isn't able to move the apps completely to the card.

I am looking for a way to either free up more internal memory, or at least make use of the sdcard more effectively. One of my problems right now is that one o the book readers I use like to import the books that I add to its library into the internal card. Frustrating. I would appreciate any help or resource you guys could point me to.

Thanks,
 
sharingan
Old
#2  
sharingan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 600
Posts: 2,113
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hidden Leaf village

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManilaBeans View Post
Hi,

Can anybody give me some tips on how to maximize the memory available to this tablet? There's only about 4GB of available memory for apps. I have a 32GB sdcard but that's not a lot of help because Link2SD isn't able to move the apps completely to the card.

I am looking for a way to either free up more internal memory, or at least make use of the sdcard more effectively. One of my problems right now is that one o the book readers I use like to import the books that I add to its library into the internal card. Frustrating. I would appreciate any help or resource you guys could point me to.

Thanks,
if brother you are rooted you can uninstall unwanted system apps from tab memory and should move apps to sd card
and also wipe cache partition in recovery


HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
 
ManilaBeans
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee View Post
if brother you are rooted you can uninstall unwanted system apps from tab memory and should move apps to sd card
and also wipe cache partition in recovery
Thanks! I didn't realize I could wipe the cache partition. I am still a relative noob to all of this because my main devices are on Windows Phone and I am only using the Galaxy tab primarily as an ebook and comic book reader (which brought about the problem of low storage space when I tried to organize my library files on it.

Follow up question: Regarding moving apps to the SD card, this is where I am stumped. I think I probably did something wrong along the way while installing link2sd or formatting my SD card. I always get an error saying that "Link2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from internal storage."

Do you guys have any idea on how best to handle this? A quick search on the internet did not give me a lot of options. At this point it seems like I'd probably end up just starting from scratch, wiping out my SD card (or maybe it's also just me wanting to justify trying out a new rom).
 
sharingan
Old
#4  
sharingan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 600
Posts: 2,113
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hidden Leaf village

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManilaBeans View Post
Thanks! I didn't realize I could wipe the cache partition. I am still a relative noob to all of this because my main devices are on Windows Phone and I am only using the Galaxy tab primarily as an ebook and comic book reader (which brought about the problem of low storage space when I tried to organize my library files on it.

Follow up question: Regarding moving apps to the SD card, this is where I am stumped. I think I probably did something wrong along the way while installing link2sd or formatting my SD card. I always get an error saying that "Link2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from internal storage."

Do you guys have any idea on how best to handle this? A quick search on the internet did not give me a lot of options. At this point it seems like I'd probably end up just starting from scratch, wiping out my SD card (or maybe it's also just me wanting to justify trying out a new rom).
my brother for link2sd to work you should have to make ext partition of your sd card


HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes