5,598,086 Members 41,516 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to know if bootloader is unlocked??

Tip us?

droidusr2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Need to know if bootloader is unlocked??

Hey guys I just rooted my Droid ultra using rockmymoto but I need to know if the bootloader is unlocked or not im running the stock rom 4.22 jelly bean and 12.15.15 (system version) I don't have a custom recovery installed (I don't think there are any custom recoveries for droid ultra) any help will be appreciated thanks !

69penguin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidusr2014 View Post
Hey guys I just rooted my Droid ultra using rockmymoto but I need to know if the bootloader is unlocked or not im running the stock rom 4.22 jelly bean and 12.15.15 (system version) I don't have a custom recovery installed (I don't think there are any custom recoveries for droid ultra) any help will be appreciated thanks !
Afaik the bootloader is locked and you can unlock the Maxx dev edition only by requesting an unlock key from Motorola.
The Following User Says Thank You to 69penguin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidusr2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks !!

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

droidusr2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry to bother you but just one last question since I have a Droid ultra will the unlock key from Motorola for the droid maxx Dev edition still work on my ultra?

danman7
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidusr2014 View Post
Sorry to bother you but just one last question since I have a Droid ultra will the unlock key from Motorola for the droid maxx Dev edition still work on my ultra?

Unless it's a Dev Edition, and AFAIK, the only Dev Editions were Maxxes, not Ultras, you won't be getting an unlock key from Motorola. Those are strictly for Dev Editions.
Dan
_________

Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080, non-DE, but unlocked all the same!

Nexus 7 (16gb) stock rooted 4.4.2

"The goal of terrorism is to terrorize us: to make us afraid, and make our government do exactly what the TSA is doing. When we react out of fear, the terrorists succeed even when their plots fail. But if we carry on as before, the terrorists fail -- even when their plots succeed." ~ Bruce Schneier
The Following User Says Thank You to danman7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidusr2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Man that really stinks I wish I got the maxx Dev edition thanks anyway though!