5,594,653 Members 33,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Multimedia dock not displaying HDMI.

Tip us?

tbs10q1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Multimedia dock not displaying HDMI.

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me please.

I recently purchased Samsung's smart dock to use with my note 3. It goes into dock mode when i sit the phone in the dock and i can control the phone using a wireless keyboard and mouse so the dock seems to be working as it should. Ive tried 2 hdmi cables on all 3 sockets on my panasonic viesa tv. I just cant get a picture on the tv.

I have tried all the obvious reboots, checking connections etc.

I can't see what the fault may be and I don't have another screen with hdmi input to test it with.

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gman65
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Did you plug in your power supply?
[ROM][KnoxRaid V5.1][4.4.2 LTE]
ATT Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Gear
Asus Transformer TF101
Nook HD
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9456515@N05/sets/

tbs10q1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, plugged into power socket using all official Samsung cables plugs etc. It's driving me mad. I'm going to try it on a friends TV tonight. Hopefully it's just a compatability issue with my TV. But I use the hdmi inputs with other several other things as well without problems.
my note 3 is rooted on a tw rom.

tbs10q1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I tried a Samsung brand TV. Still no picture, so I installed stock firmware and tried again. Still nothing, so I guess I have a faulty smart dock or I have damaged my port on my phone. (It charges and transfers data fine without any problems).

I shall be exchanging the dock, but if that does not sort it I guess it's the port. If it's the port then I've voided my warranty by setting knox to 0x1.

Does anyone know how I would be able to test it, because it doesn't seem damaged to me.