Samsung Multimedia dock not displaying HDMI.

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By tbs10q1, Junior Member on 5th January 2014, 07:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me please.

I recently purchased Samsung's smart dock to use with my note 3. It goes into dock mode when i sit the phone in the dock and i can control the phone using a wireless keyboard and mouse so the dock seems to be working as it should. Ive tried 2 hdmi cables on all 3 sockets on my panasonic viesa tv. I just cant get a picture on the tv.

I have tried all the obvious reboots, checking connections etc.

I can't see what the fault may be and I don't have another screen with hdmi input to test it with.

any advice would be appreciated.

6th January 2014, 09:49 PM |#2  
Flag Bismarck
Thanks Meter: 22
Did you plug in your power supply?
7th January 2014, 07:09 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Yeah, plugged into power socket using all official Samsung cables plugs etc. It's driving me mad. I'm going to try it on a friends TV tonight. Hopefully it's just a compatability issue with my TV. But I use the hdmi inputs with other several other things as well without problems.
my note 3 is rooted on a tw rom.
9th January 2014, 12:34 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
So I tried a Samsung brand TV. Still no picture, so I installed stock firmware and tried again. Still nothing, so I guess I have a faulty smart dock or I have damaged my port on my phone. (It charges and transfers data fine without any problems).

I shall be exchanging the dock, but if that does not sort it I guess it's the port. If it's the port then I've voided my warranty by setting knox to 0x1.

Does anyone know how I would be able to test it, because it doesn't seem damaged to me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread