Samsung Multimedia dock not displaying HDMI.

OP tbs10q1

5th January 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me please.

I recently purchased Samsung's smart dock to use with my note 3. It goes into dock mode when i sit the phone in the dock and i can control the phone using a wireless keyboard and mouse so the dock seems to be working as it should. Ive tried 2 hdmi cables on all 3 sockets on my panasonic viesa tv. I just cant get a picture on the tv.

I have tried all the obvious reboots, checking connections etc.

I can't see what the fault may be and I don't have another screen with hdmi input to test it with.

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
6th January 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bismarck
Thanks Meter: 22

267 posts
More
Did you plug in your power supply?
7th January 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Yeah, plugged into power socket using all official Samsung cables plugs etc. It's driving me mad. I'm going to try it on a friends TV tonight. Hopefully it's just a compatability issue with my TV. But I use the hdmi inputs with other several other things as well without problems.
my note 3 is rooted on a tw rom.
8th January 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
So I tried a Samsung brand TV. Still no picture, so I installed stock firmware and tried again. Still nothing, so I guess I have a faulty smart dock or I have damaged my port on my phone. (It charges and transfers data fine without any problems).

I shall be exchanging the dock, but if that does not sort it I guess it's the port. If it's the port then I've voided my warranty by setting knox to 0x1.

Does anyone know how I would be able to test it, because it doesn't seem damaged to me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread