5,605,250 Members 39,522 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] App building software no coding

Tip us?
 
carlitobriganteffs
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Phone [Q] App building software no coding

Hi,

Looking for software to develop an app (preferably offline) which will help someone with no coding experience. I am proficient with photoshop & after effects but I don't know any coding.

I am sure at some point I'll require a pro to write some custom script for me but I want to get as far into the project on my own as possible.

I don't want to be bound by some websites hosting terms, with monthly fees and all this other stuff. Preferably, I'd build my app offline and go from there...I don't honestly trust these websites with little app builders then your app is stuck on their site and you're forced to use their hosting and things like that....if it's my app, it's my app!!! I shouldn't be bound to some website or whatever.

So, preferably offline app builder which someone with no coding experience can use?
 
TagEHeuer
Old
#2  
TagEHeuer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 220
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bristol

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitobriganteffs View Post
Hi,

Looking for software to develop an app (preferably offline) which will help someone with no coding experience. I am proficient with photoshop & after effects but I don't know any coding.

I am sure at some point I'll require a pro to write some custom script for me but I want to get as far into the project on my own as possible.

I don't want to be bound by some websites hosting terms, with monthly fees and all this other stuff. Preferably, I'd build my app offline and go from there...I don't honestly trust these websites with little app builders then your app is stuck on their site and you're forced to use their hosting and things like that....if it's my app, it's my app!!! I shouldn't be bound to some website or whatever.

So, preferably offline app builder which someone with no coding experience can use?
http://www.appsgeyser.com/

Simple search would've showed this. The search button is very powerful and so is google.

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.
 
Scripts
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 54
Join Date: Dec 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
What kind of application would you like to create? I could help you build or get you the tools for your app and teach you how to code.

Sent from ALCATEL One Touch Fierce
Web Developer, Gamer. Feel free to message me Application questions.
 
carlitobriganteffs
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagEHeuer View Post

Simple search would've showed this. The search button is very powerful and so is google.

I promise you I've searched extensively and yet to find what I'm looking for. AppsGeyser lifts content from the net and turns it into an app...it remains on the appsgeyser site so doesn't really fit with what I'm looking for...I just want simple app creation software without having to learn code because what I'm looking to do isn't super-unique, it's just for an add-on to my existing business.

Has anyone ever used Wix for website creation for example?? Fantastic user interface, couldn't be simpler yet the possibilities are pretty much endless especially since you can add custom coding if you wish but I've built a few sites with Wix, all function great, all look fantastic...just a shame they don't have the same service for app creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripts View Post
What kind of application would you like to create? I could help you build or get you the tools for your app and teach you how to code.

Sent from ALCATEL One Touch Fierce
It's pretty much just a local directory type app mate....that's why I mentioned above that I am really not trying to do anything unique so I'd imagine there's some nice editing software out there somewhere I could utilise and have my app designed and created pretty quick....like the above example of the Wix website,...you could have a fantastic looking website up and running in a couple of hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to carlitobriganteffs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
carlitobriganteffs
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Anything guys?

Still looking for nice easy app production software.
 
russian392
Old
#6  
russian392's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 560
Join Date: Apr 2012
Buy the Java reference book. Helped me a lot when k was starting out. Its some 1400 pages.
Books helped me the most especially with SQL. Consult me any time if you can't find your answer on Google cause frequently ur gonna be typing code bit have no idea what it does and how it works.
Also use Eclipse. Its like ms word for programmers with auto correct and hints and things that are very useful

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by russian392 View Post
Buy the Java reference book. Helped me a lot when k was starting out. Its some 1400 pages.
Books helped me the most especially with SQL. Consult me any time if you can't find your answer on Google cause frequently ur gonna be typing code bit have no idea what it does and how it works.
Also use Eclipse. Its like ms word for programmers with auto correct and hints and things that are very useful

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app
Just pm me and ill tell you everything u need to know

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app
Motorola Atrix HD - Cyanogenmod 11 - Benchmark: 17260 @1.9GHz

HTC First - Rooted and S-OFF - Benchmark: 15980 @1.4GHz

LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod10.1 @Rashed97 - Benchmark: 5600 @800MHz

ZTE Avai - AOSP 2.3.7

Owner Of XDA Premium App
 
carlitobriganteffs
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian392 View Post
Buy the Java reference book. Helped me a lot when k was starting out. Its some 1400 pages.
Books helped me the most especially with SQL. Consult me any time if you can't find your answer on Google cause frequently ur gonna be typing code bit have no idea what it does and how it works.
Also use Eclipse. Its like ms word for programmers with auto correct and hints and things that are very useful

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------



Just pm me and ill tell you everything u need to know

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app

Just sounds like thats way more advanced than I'm looking for dude.

I want build an app to ad onto my local directory business and it really isn't doing anything advanced or unique...it's the content that separates it's from other apps, not it's functionality....an app containing a load of menus with click through links (are these called hyperlinks?) to that section of the directory then linked again to open specific entries within that section of the directory....

Surely, there's a nice easy, almost drag and drop, design software out there I can use?

I'm really put off by these app builders I see that are $50 per month or whatever but if I have to go that way, ok. Thoughts? (Appreciate everyone's input and I know it can be frustrating talking to newbies that really don't have a clue so appreciate the input and patience folks!)
 
Irwenzhao
Old
#8  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 566
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitobriganteffs View Post
Just sounds like thats way more advanced than I'm looking for dude.

I want build an app to ad onto my local directory business and it really isn't doing anything advanced or unique...it's the content that separates it's from other apps, not it's functionality....an app containing a load of menus with click through links (are these called hyperlinks?) to that section of the directory then linked again to open specific entries within that section of the directory....

Surely, there's a nice easy, almost drag and drop, design software out there I can use?

I'm really put off by these app builders I see that are $50 per month or whatever but if I have to go that way, ok. Thoughts? (Appreciate everyone's input and I know it can be frustrating talking to newbies that really don't have a clue so appreciate the input and patience folks!)
U want a app=u code. No code=No app

Smack that thanks button if I helped!
Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.
 
carlitobriganteffs
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
U want a app=u code. No code=No app

Smack that thanks button if I helped!
Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.
I know enough to know that's simply not true...the reason for the post is that there's loads of drag and drop simple app builders out there that require no coding whatsoever....the point in the question is what is the best one and also the embedded question of why are there monthly charges that have such a huge range?

So, no...no code does not = no app.
 
russian392
Old
#10  
russian392's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 560
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitobriganteffs View Post
Just sounds like thats way more advanced than I'm looking for dude.

I want build an app to ad onto my local directory business and it really isn't doing anything advanced or unique...it's the content that separates it's from other apps, not it's functionality....an app containing a load of menus with click through links (are these called hyperlinks?) to that section of the directory then linked again to open specific entries within that section of the directory....

Surely, there's a nice easy, almost drag and drop, design software out there I can use?

I'm really put off by these app builders I see that are $50 per month or whatever but if I have to go that way, ok. Thoughts? (Appreciate everyone's input and I know it can be frustrating talking to newbies that really don't have a clue so appreciate the input and patience folks!)
Eclipse allows drag and drop bit you're dreaming man. There is no way you can make anything work on android when making an app without knowing some basics of code.
So get that book I told you about, get eclipse, and get the book "hello android" which helped me start out.
Android apps are way more complicated than they seem bro

Monthly charges is because to make app building software is so damn hard. Trust me. Try your hand at old school app development. You will learn to appreciate app makers cause no joke its hard as hell

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Motorola Atrix HD - Cyanogenmod 11 - Benchmark: 17260 @1.9GHz

HTC First - Rooted and S-OFF - Benchmark: 15980 @1.4GHz

LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod10.1 @Rashed97 - Benchmark: 5600 @800MHz

ZTE Avai - AOSP 2.3.7

Owner Of XDA Premium App

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more