XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thinking about getting this tablet

Tip us?

jhcomputerguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Thinking about getting this tablet

I am thinking about getting one of these. I know they are older tablets but how is the performance on these?

AJtheAndroidNoOb
Old
(Last edited by AJtheAndroidNoOb; 3rd January 2014 at 06:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I got this tablet as a gift from my parents. They bought me a P7500 accidentally 'cause they though it was a 2012 version of tab 10.1, at first I sort of regretted to have this Tab but after I rooted and flashed a custom ROM it gave my Tab an "up to date" like UI. I'm more than satisfied with the performance too!

hirent
Old
(Last edited by hirent; 3rd January 2014 at 11:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcomputerguy View Post
I am thinking about getting one of these. I know they are older tablets but how is the performance on these?
Depends on the price, condition and your usage scenarios.
The Nook HD+ (9" screen) can be bought new for $150. It has a 1920x1280 resolution (translates to Retina display), dual-core CPU & 1GB ram (very similar to this tab). Easy to root and has KK ROM available.
The only downside is, no cameras, but on the plus side it comes with a microSD slot.

I currently have both in my possession - own the Nook HD+ and am rooting the Galaxy Tab for a relative. With price being the same, I would recommend the Nook HD+ for the superior screen.
MoPho HTC Evo Nook Color Samsung Captivate Viewsonic GTablet Nook Simple Touch HTC One Nook HD+
=======================================
After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says 'WTF'

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent View Post
The Nook HD+ (9" screen) can be bought new for $150. It has a 1920x1280 resolution (translates to Retina display), dual-core CPU & 1GB ram (very similar to this tab). Easy to root and has KK ROM available.
The only downside is, no cameras, but on the plus side it comes with a microSD slot.

I currently have both in my possession - own the Nook HD+ and am rooting the Galaxy Tab for a relative. With price being the same, I would recommend the Nook HD+ for the superior screen.
And don't forget, our tab has probably been forgotten by Samsung.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Soryuu
Old
Thanks Meter 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99 View Post
And don't forget, our tab has probably been forgotten by Samsung.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD
*definitely

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SystemDoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
If I were you, I'd get it. I got the 3G Variant from my parents then I bought a Wi-Fi variant 2 years later then I bought another 3G variant days after I bought the Wi-Fi variant and I do not regret buying them because of the support we have been getting from the developers.

Please click the images below so that they survive

Current Devices
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G running Nameless ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 possibly bricked but I hope it isn't

ritchea
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent View Post

If you have an Office Max nearby and they have one in stock, you can score a Nook HD+ for $104. + tax with current 20% off coupon. It's a great tablet with wonderful display and can be rooted if you'd like.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sanuANCIENT
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default QUestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJtheAndroidNoOb View Post
I got this tablet as a gift from my parents. They bought me a P7500 accidentally 'cause they though it was a 2012 version of tab 10.1, at first I sort of regretted to have this Tab but after I rooted and flashed a custom ROM it gave my Tab an "up to date" like UI. I'm more than satisfied with the performance too!
Hello seems that you have some knowledge on the matter. can you give me a hint?
I have been using one P7500 and I like it. It is the only one i ever tested so.. xD
i tryed to install XBMC you know the app? had some troubles untill i found i needed a special version which i have already installed.
XBMC is running but to see videos it runs another app called MX player. i installed mx player.
but from what i understoon in another thread in here ( showthread.php?t=2156254 ) they said i needed a special codec. i've downloaded the armv7 tegra2 but mxplayer keeps playing videos without sound.. i changed the definitions but still no sound.

Do you ever experienced anything like this? may i be forgotting something?
Do you recommend to root and change my android version? i think it is by default, dont think my father updated it.

bentheexo
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I got mine from ebay for next to nothing and while it doesn't have an Otterbox or SD Card slot I find that the Verizon signal is great with it everywhere and the MTP Transfer on it is Faster than my S3.

AJtheAndroidNoOb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanuANCIENT View Post
Hello seems that you have some knowledge on the matter. can you give me a hint?
I have been using one P7500 and I like it. It is the only one i ever tested so.. xD
i tryed to install XBMC you know the app? had some troubles untill i found i needed a special version which i have already installed.
XBMC is running but to see videos it runs another app called MX player. i installed mx player.
but from what i understoon in another thread in here ( showthread.php?t=2156254 ) they said i needed a special codec. i've downloaded the armv7 tegra2 but mxplayer keeps playing videos without sound.. i changed the definitions but still no sound.

Do you ever experienced anything like this? may i be forgotting something?
Do you recommend to root and change my android version? i think it is by default, dont think my father updated it.
I have no idea about XBMC so I don't know if it has problems. What OS are u runnin'? I do recommend to root then flash/change the OS tho maybe it will fix that issue I'm not 100% sure but it will make your tab go smoothly and a JB 4.3 look if you flash the ROM I am running