System Software Not Authorized

Tip us?

priapos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default System Software Not Authorized

Greetings,

I am a physician in need of urgent help to get my phone working once again.

I have a verizon Note 2 that I Rooted with one touch application installed on the device. Everything has been working fine for months until I flashed updated Clockwork Mod Recovery today.

The phone would not boot with warning that “System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone.”

After pulling out the battery and holding rocker up, power, and home button I get to a green robot screen with message "downloading...do not turn off target !!"

The screen wont go beyond this.

What do I need to do to get my device functioning again.

diabloking
Old
(Last edited by diabloking; 3rd December 2013 at 12:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by priapos View Post
Greetings,

I am a physician in need of urgent help to get my phone working once again.

I have a verizon Note 2 that I Rooted with one touch application installed on the device. Everything has been working fine for months until I flashed updated Clockwork Mod Recovery today.

The phone would not boot with warning that “System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone.”

After pulling out the battery and holding rocker up, power, and home button I get to a green robot screen with message "downloading...do not turn off target !!"

The screen wont go beyond this.

What do I need to do to get my device functioning again.

No need to panic! Follow these steps from
[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II!
thread and you should be good to go!

Step 1: Download and install Odin- http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1340993443

Step 2: Download one of these stock images and pit file to a windows based pc. If Odin does not recognize the file then extract it with a program such as 7zip.

Official VRAMC3 4.1.2 5/5/13- http://www.hotfile.com/dl/224874128/...3_VZW.zip.html
This is the latest firmware image that will return your device to factory stock and locked conditions.

Official VRALJB 4.1.1 12/9/12- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390214368362234374
This will wipe data and return your device to factory stock out of the box conditions. This file can only be used on devices that never took the VRALL4 or VRAMC3 OTA update. If this file is flashed on a updated device, Odin will fail @ sboot.bin.

Root66 stock VRALJB 4.1.1 12/2/12- http://androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390210501348163619 This is our very first fully functional rooted Odin image.. Thanks MrRobinson!! This file does not wipe data, lock bootloader, or replace recovery. Its simply a easy way for folks who want to flash back to rooted stock as a stepping stone to another rom.

SCH-I605_16gb.Pit- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?05cj895zu3tls7z

Step 3: Power device off, hold the volume down/home/power keys until you see a yellow triangle, then press the volume up key to access "odin or download mode".

Step 4: Open Odin and connect the oem usb cable from pc to device. The driver should automatically install( it did for me on windows 7 64bit). There should also be a "comport number" in upper left hand corner of Odin indicating communication between the pc & device.

Step 5: Click on the pit function of Odin and select the sch-i605-16gb.pit file.

Step 6: Click on the PDA function of Odin. Select the stock VRALJB image you downloaded in step 1, then select start. This operation should take less than 8 minutes before Odin will say pass/reset.

Step 7: Your device should boot back up into factory stock 4.1.1 android! However, If your device is stuck in a bootloop, power the device off, press and hold the volume up/home/power buttons until the samsung logo appears. The device will boot into recovery and from there you will need to wipe data/factory reset, then reboot.
Galaxy Note 2 running CM11 Kitkat 4.4
Galaxy Nexus running CM10.1 Nightly [Retired]
Droid X2 running Eclipse v2.2.1 [Retired]
Toshiba Thrive 8GB model turned into 32GB running Honey Baked v1.3
Nexus 7 16GB Running CM11 Kitkat 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to diabloking For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brandonros
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloking View Post
No need to panic! Follow these steps from
[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II!
thread and you should be good to go!

Step 1: Download and install Odin- http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1340993443

Step 2: Download one of these stock images and pit file to a windows based pc. If Odin does not recognize the file then extract it with a program such as 7zip.

Official VRAMC3 4.1.2 5/5/13- http://www.hotfile.com/dl/224874128/...3_VZW.zip.html
This is the latest firmware image that will return your device to factory stock and locked conditions.

Official VRALJB 4.1.1 12/9/12- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390214368362234374
This will wipe data and return your device to factory stock out of the box conditions. This file can only be used on devices that never took the VRALL4 or VRAMC3 OTA update. If this file is flashed on a updated device, Odin will fail @ sboot.bin.

Root66 stock VRALJB 4.1.1 12/2/12- http://androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390210501348163619 This is our very first fully functional rooted Odin image.. Thanks MrRobinson!! This file does not wipe data, lock bootloader, or replace recovery. Its simply a easy way for folks who want to flash back to rooted stock as a stepping stone to another rom.

SCH-I605_16gb.Pit- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?05cj895zu3tls7z

Step 3: Power device off, hold the volume down/home/power keys until you see a yellow triangle, then press the volume up key to access "odin or download mode".

Step 4: Open Odin and connect the oem usb cable from pc to device. The driver should automatically install( it did for me on windows 7 64bit). There should also be a "comport number" in upper left hand corner of Odin indicating communication between the pc & device.

Step 5: Click on the pit function of Odin and select the sch-i605-16gb.pit file.

Step 6: Click on the PDA function of Odin. Select the stock VRALJB image you downloaded in step 1, then select start. This operation should take less than 8 minutes before Odin will say pass/reset.

Step 7: Your device should boot back up into factory stock 4.1.1 android! However, If your device is stuck in a bootloop, power the device off, press and hold the volume up/home/power buttons until the samsung logo appears. The device will boot into recovery and from there you will need to wipe data/factory reset, then reboot.
Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. I installed the 4.3 OTA update and rooted, but apparently did not unlock the bootloader so I caught myself in this lockout. I was wondering, if I repartition using the pit file, will that also wipe all the data from the internal sd drive? If I can avoid that by using the root66 rom, I would be glad to do so and save my junk. Thanks!

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonros View Post
Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. I installed the 4.3 OTA update and rooted, but apparently did not unlock the bootloader so I caught myself in this lockout. I was wondering, if I repartition using the pit file, will that also wipe all the data from the internal sd drive? If I can avoid that by using the root66 rom, I would be glad to do so and save my junk. Thanks!
You can't unlock the bootloader after you have taken the 4.3 OTA.

TX_Jax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollier View Post
You can't unlock the bootloader after you have taken the 4.3 OTA.
Really? Are you sure???

I rooted mine with the 4.3 OTA. Are you saying the unlock won't work, even though it's rooted?
-- Really doesn't like screwing with phones much
-- Verizon Galaxy Note II with Android 4.3 (VRUEMJ9) rooted using this procedure.

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Jax View Post
Really? Are you sure???

I rooted mine with the 4.3 OTA. Are you saying the unlock won't work, even though it's rooted?
Unlocking the bootloader and rooting are not the same thing.

TX_Jax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollier View Post
Unlocking the bootloader and rooting are not the same thing.
I understand. Are you saying none of the unlocking procedures, which need root access, work with the Note2 on Android 4.3?
-- Really doesn't like screwing with phones much
-- Verizon Galaxy Note II with Android 4.3 (VRUEMJ9) rooted using this procedure.

hopesrequiem
Old
Thanks Meter 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Jax View Post
I understand. Are you saying none of the unlocking procedures, which need root access, work with the Note2 on Android 4.3?
Effectively you are screwed atm. Sorry to say it that way but I'm cutting to the point. You cannot unlock with the ota. Don't try or you'll probably brick somehow. And DO NOT attempt to add a custom recovery

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

computerslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesrequiem View Post
Effectively you are screwed atm. Sorry to say it that way but I'm cutting to the point. You cannot unlock with the ota. Don't try or you'll probably brick somehow. And DO NOT attempt to add a custom recovery

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Incidentally, attempting to add a custom recovery will both softbrick your phone ('Unauthorized Software' message & no boot) AND trip the KNOX counter (voiding your warranty & making your phone ineligible for corporate use in a KNOX environment).

You can recover from this using Verizon's Software Update tool, but you'll have a wiped phone, stock recovery and a tripped KNOX counter.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to computerslayer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]