No registration required

[Q] Issue with CalendarContract and event sync

OP thenexus

9th January 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I'm having some trouble finding the best place to post it...

I am trying to write a calendar sync app to sync with a third party calendar server. The app will sync with the Android system using CalendarContract. I have the app working and in most cases, it works flawlessly. However, in some cases, it fails and when it does, events from the sync'd calendar completely fail to show up on the standard Google Android calendar app. I haven't been able to find the common link yet as to what causes the failure, but once an event is added that breaks the calendar all events from that calendar fail to show up in the calendar app. I am still able to query the CalendarContract and all events show up in my debug logs as well as in the CalendarDebugger database export, they just don't display on the calendar.

Note that, when using aCalendar (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...that.acalendar) the events all display properly, so I believe the issue is in how the Calendar App specifically is querying and/or rendering my events.

Anyone have any ideas where I might start working on troubleshooting? The problem is, the calendar app doesn't provide any debugging feedback whatsoever in the event loading process. I've looked through all of my events on the failing calendar, and there are only 6 and I'm not seeing anything that strikes me as invalid. My server side calendar only produces a JSON feed. So I can look at the JSON feed and the SQLITE.db file that the android calendar app exports, and they both look identical so I'm pretty sure I'm getting through the SyncAdapter stages successfully...

I have tried this on the following devices and have the same issue on all of them:

HTC Rezound (Stock HTC Sense ROM with ICS 4.0.3)
Motorola XOOM (Stock ROM with ICS 4.1.2)
HTC Droid DNA (Stock HTC Sense ROM with JB 4.2.2)
Nexus 7 (1st edition, stock ROM with KK 4.4)
Nexus 10 (Stock ROM with KK 4.4)

As you can see, I am pretty much running the gamut of API levels that support the CalendarContract, so this does not appear to be a device specific, manufacturer specific, or API-level specific problem.

Thank you for your help!!
Last edited by thenexus; 9th January 2014 at 02:53 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread