Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 44,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T LG G2 unlock for t moblie 411

Tip us?

dmoss74
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default AT&T LG G2 unlock for t moblie 411

Hi,

I did an unlock for this phone that i found in these forums. I have a generic tmobile sim card and put that in after i got the unlock code. from there i typed in the info and tmobile showed up on the banner.

well, i took the phone to a guy to trade for another, and now he's telling me he isn't getting any data, just phone and texting. of course, he's telling me this long after we made the trade.

is there any reason he wouldn't be getting data? or does an unlocked lg g2 only get edge speeds or something?

any help would be great.

Niscandia
Old
Thanks Meter 8
My first guess is that he doesn't have the correct APN settings put in for his carrier.
You should let everyone know if the device is a stock rom, or another rom. Since the stock AT&T rom should not have the APN settings for Tmobile, but something like CM's rom should.

Worst case he should just need to enter the APN settings by hand, which isn't too hard to do. Other then that he could be in an area where Tmobile uses different bands for data then the AT&T version supports... that part I don't know how much it effects the AT&T G2, but has effected older devices going between AT&T and Tmobile.

dmoss74
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niscandia View Post
My first guess is that he doesn't have the correct APN settings put in for his carrier.
You should let everyone know if the device is a stock rom, or another rom. Since the stock AT&T rom should not have the APN settings for Tmobile, but something like CM's rom should.

Worst case he should just need to enter the APN settings by hand, which isn't too hard to do. Other then that he could be in an area where Tmobile uses different bands for data then the AT&T version supports... that part I don't know how much it effects the AT&T G2, but has effected older devices going between AT&T and Tmobile.
thanks, and it is a stock rom, non-rooted. is that info available online? he says he went to the store and they tried to tell him it wasn't unlocked, or it's only half unlocked...people...especially people who sell phones.

Niscandia
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoss74 View Post
thanks, and it is a stock rom, non-rooted. is that info available online? he says he went to the store and they tried to tell him it wasn't unlocked, or it's only half unlocked...people...especially people who sell phones.
Google would be your friend in this case, or his actually.
And can't blame them too much, they aren't given all the training that they should be given. They are just sales people, not tech trained most of the time. Every time I go into the AT&T store that I like, I end up talking unlocking & rooting for Android devices since they aren't told anything about that stuff. And I do let them know if they are truly interested to look here for more help.