5,600,984 Members 45,161 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update to Casual for unlocking 4.3?

Tip us?
 
jazz2311
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Update to Casual for unlocking 4.3?

Does anyone know if there is going to be an upcoming update to the Casual software for unlocking bootloader on the newest firmware (MJ9) on the verizon galaxy note 2?
Or is there another tool for doing that?
I mistakenly did the OTA from verizon and I now I am unable to find a method for unlocking bootloader to install a custom recovery. Is safestrap possible for note 2?

thanks
 
TX_Jax
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SE AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz2311 View Post
Does anyone know if there is going to be an upcoming update to the Casual software for unlocking bootloader on the newest firmware (MJ9) on the verizon galaxy note 2?
Or is there another tool for doing that?
I mistakenly did the OTA from verizon and I now I am unable to find a method for unlocking bootloader to install a custom recovery. Is safestrap possible for note 2?

thanks
I shared your pain! This worked for me, Note II, MJ9

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
 
jazz2311
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Jax View Post
I shared your pain! This worked for me, Note II, MJ9

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
I agree it worked for rooting the device, but I still can't install custom recovery, which means the bootloader is still locked. Anyway to unlock that?
 
jcollier
Old
#4  
jcollier's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 396
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz2311 View Post
I agree it worked for rooting the device, but I still can't install custom recovery, which means the bootloader is still locked. Anyway to unlock that?
Yes that works for rooting and no there is no way to currently unlock the bootloader on the 4.3 OTA.
 
jazz2311
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollier View Post
Yes that works for rooting and no there is no way to currently unlock the bootloader on the 4.3 OTA.
Anyone tried heimdall to install any custom recovery? It works for other devices to get cm installer, why not i605?
 
akellar
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1716
Posts: 2,526
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz2311 View Post
Anyone tried heimdall to install any custom recovery? It works for other devices to get cm installer, why not i605?
Locked bootloader

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

TasGear: A Tasker Extension for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

With wearable technology taking center stage this year, one can only expect more … more

Intelligently Place Contacts on Your Home Screen with CallWho Widget

There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more